National World War I Museum And Liberty Memorial1075 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 100 W 26 St, Kansas City, MO 64108, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8168888100
- Ticket Price: 14 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Educational Site, Historical Site, War Memorial, Family And Kids
A national historic Landmark of USA and the official World War I Museum of the country, Liberty Memorial and the National World War I Museum is dedicated to the soldiers of America who sacrificed their lives in World War I and the veterans who survived the war.
The Memorial is built on the fund raised by philanthropists of the Kansas and the Missouri state. With a non-profit organization maintaining the memorial and the premises since the early 20the century, the Museum was added in the early 21st century.
The liberty memorial is designed in classic Egyptian revival style and has a limestone exterior construction. The grand aesthetic design of the monument is worth observing. The tall memorial tower illuminates in the evening by bright orange light which adds to the beauty of the tower.
The museum tells a tale of the war and has a huge collection of documents, books and 3-d objects describing the pre-war and the post war era in USA. Frequented by visitors since its opening, national Museum is a must-visit.
National World War I Museum And Liberty Memorial Travel Tips
- Over there cafe is an in-house cafe available to grab a bite.
- Audio-guide is available.
Entrance Ticket Details For National World War I Museum And Liberty Memorial
- Combined tickets for galleries, special exhibits and the Liberty Memorial Tower on two consecutive days is available.
- Students, youth and senior citizens have a concession in entry fee.
- Children under 6 years of age and members have a free entry.
How to Reach National World War I Museum And Liberty Memorial
- Metro or rented car, bike
- LuLu’s Thai noodle soup
- You Say tomato
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kansas City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kansas City and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.54% of people who visit Kansas City include National World War I Museum And Liberty Memorial in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
65.09% of people start their National World War I Museum And Liberty Memorial visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National World War I Museum And Liberty Memorial
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National World War I Museum And Liberty Memorial