Mathur AqueductCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Mathur Aqueduct, Near Thiruvattar Kanyakumari, TN., India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Bridge, Family And Kids
Mathur Aqueduct - Review
The Mathur Aqueduct is about 60kilometers from Kanyakumari near the village of Mathur. This aqueduct, which means a bridge conveying water, was created during the draught in 1966 to help the draught stuck area of Tamil Nadu.
This aqueduct has become a popular tourist site. You can climb on the bridge and enjoy lovely views of the greenery around and the beauty of the Pahrali River on which it sits.
The Aquaduct is one of the few in India and one of the longest and perhaps tallest ones found in South Asia. As a modern marvel it is certainly worth the visit for any Kanyakumari tourist. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kanyakumari itinerary 1 day.
Mathur Aqueduct Information
- It is better to travel to this place by car as hardly any direct buses to Mathur can be found.
How To reach Mathur Aqueduct by Public Transport
- Mathur Aqueduct
Restaurants Near Mathur Aqueduct
- La Promenade
- Ananda Bhavan
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kanyakumari before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanyakumari and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mathur Aqueduct
95% of people who visit Kanyakumari include Mathur Aqueduct in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
38.5% of people start their Mathur Aqueduct visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mathur Aqueduct
93.9% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mathur Aqueduct
Mathur Aqueduct Map
Mathur Aqueduct Trips
Mathur Aqueduct, Kanyakumari Reviews
All QuestionsMathur aqueduct
- Warrensville Methodist Church
- Miller Homestead
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church Of Warrensville
- Warrensville Baptist Church
- Clifton Baptist Church
- Camp Copperhead Campground
- Jug Wildlife Management Area
- Skeet Club
- Fort Leavenworth Bowling Center
- Post Chapel
- Mission Training Complex
- Ks Department Adjutant Generals
- Fort Leavenworth Non Gov Activities
- Camp Conestoga
- Army Training Network