Padmanabhapuram Palace1230 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kulasekharam-Thuckalay Road,Thuckalay,Tamil Nadu,629175, Kanyakumari, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 00-4651250255
- Ticket Price: 25 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Padmanabhapuram Palace is actually located at the southern tip of Tamil Nadu but is interestingly looked after by the Kerela Government instead. The building with its clay roof and old architecture itself is beautiful and elegant. It has been simply decorated. Unlike lavish and tall palaces in other parts of the country this place has a very rustic feel to it. There is a 300 year old clock that adorns the place and surprisingly still works. Besides, there are a lot of historic and cultural artefacts that have been put on display in this place.
The Palace is home to a lot of History. It was constructed by the then king of the region of Venad and still holds a special place in the history of south India. The Palace is the perfect destination for the culture seeker, the history lover and the art lover as well. It is sure to give you a beautiful insight into the history and lifestyle of the old life in this region. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kanyakumari itinerary 1 day.
Padmanabhapuram Palace Travel Tips
- Tips & Warnings: King Marthaanda Varma had devoted the kingdom to the deity of his family belief and faith- Sree Padmanabha, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu and led the kingdom as Padmanabha dasa or servant of Lord Padmanabha. Subsequently the name had been derived as Padmanabhapuram or City of Lord Padmanabha.
How to Reach Padmanabhapuram Palace
- Kulasekharam-Thuckalay Road
- Seashore Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kanyakumari before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanyakumari and book an accommodation of your choice.
55.23% of people who visit Kanyakumari include Padmanabhapuram Palace in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
78.42% of people start their Padmanabhapuram Palace visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Padmanabhapuram Palace
93.9% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Padmanabhapuram Palace