Chi Jin Mazu TempleCurrently Open
- Address: No. 95, Miaoqian Road, Qijin District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 805 Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +886-75712115
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Also known as Chi Jin Mazu, this beautiful temple is located at 93 qijin district of Kaohsiung. The temple is an old one dedicated to the Chinese goddess of the sea called Mazu. It is also the first temple in the city built in her name. The place was established in 1673 when Taiwan was ruled by Zheng dynasty. Originally composed of bamboo and thatch, the place was entirely redone in the 18th century. You can see the traces of ‘southern style ‘religious architecture coupled with guard rooms and halls. In the entrance two magnificent goo dogs sit as a guard dog to the place. Visitors can come here to pay their offerings and admire the architecture. They can also interact with locals and learn more stories that round this place.
How to Reach Chi Jin Mazu Temple
- Bus Station- Tian Hou Temple
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kaohsiung before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaohsiung and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Chi Jin Mazu Temple Address: No. 95, Miaoqian Road, Qijin District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 805
- Chi Jin Mazu Temple Contact Number: +886-75712115
- Chi Jin Mazu Temple Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Chi Jin Mazu Temple(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Chi Jin Mazu Temple: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!