Cathedral Of Kaposvar
About Cathedral Of Kaposvar, Kaposvar
Situated on the Kossuth square, the Church of our Lady was given the status of the ‘Cathedral’ in 1993.
The cathedral is known for its neo-romanesque architecture. Built between 1737- 1744, the church was later consecrated around 1886. The church has a gothic ambience with a rich history. The famous sculptor Jeno Bory contributed to the church by sculpting St Mary, St Joseph and St Anthony. The oldest statue in the church is of Madonna which dates back to the Baroque era. The St. Stephen Fountain in front of the church is also a contribution by Jeno Bory.
Tourists visit the church to witness the beautiful building and the popular sculpting that is associated with it. You can also attend the weekend masses.
Cathedral Of Kaposvar Information
- The church is a short visit, so do explore the shops at Kossuth circle.
- Do see the St. Stephen Monument on the south wall of the cathedral.
Cathedral Of Kaposvar Opening and Closing Hours
- Mass timings: Weekdays: 7.15 and 18.00
- Sunday: 7.30, 9.00, 10.30, 18.00
How To Get To Cathedral Of Kaposvar by Public Transport
- Bus: The bus stop is a 5 minute walk from the museum.
- Autobuszallomas Kaposvar Budai Nagy Antal Street.
- Train: A rail runs by the Budai Nagy Antal Street too.
Restaurants Near Cathedral Of Kaposvar
- Corso Etterem
- Stuhmer Kavehaz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kaposvar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaposvar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Kaposvar, Kossuth ter, 7400 Hungary
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 906 times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fountain, Cathedral
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Cathedral Of Kaposvar, Kaposvar
- Other Attractions
- Piazza Maggiore
- The Two Towers
- Piazza Santo Stefano
- Fontana Del Nettuno
- Basilica Di San Petronio
- Archiginnasio Of Bologna
- Biblioteca Salaborsa Bologna
- Sanctuary Of The Madonna Di San Luca
- Compianto Sul Cristo Morto
- Museo Ducati Or Ducati Museum
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Piazza Maggiore
- 5 Star Hotels Near The Two Towers
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Piazza Santo Stefano
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Fontana Del Nettuno
- Budget Hotels Near Basilica Di San Petronio
- Luxury Hotels Near Archiginnasio Of Bologna
- Hotels Near Biblioteca Salaborsa Bologna
- Cheap Hotels Near Sanctuary Of The Madonna Di San Luca
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Compianto Sul Cristo Morto
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Museo Ducati Or Ducati Museum
- City Tripplans
- Kaposvar Itinerary 1 Day
- 2 Day Trip to Kaposvar from Kaposvar
- Kaposvar Itinerary 3 Days
- Kaposvar Itinerary 6 Days
- 7 Day Trip to Kaposvar from Kaposvar
- Kaposvar Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Kaposvar from Kaposvar
- Kaposvar Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Kaposvar from Kaposvar
- Kaposvar Itinerary 7 Days