Cathedral Of KaposvarCurrently Closed
- Address: Kaposvar, Kossuth ter, 7400 Hungary
- Timings: 07:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-82318915
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fountain, Cathedral
Situated on the Kossuth square, the Church of our Lady was given the status of the ‘Cathedral’ in 1993.
The cathedral is known for its neo-romanesque architecture. Built between 1737- 1744, the church was later consecrated around 1886. The church has a gothic ambience with a rich history. The famous sculptor Jeno Bory contributed to the church by sculpting St Mary, St Joseph and St Anthony. The oldest statue in the church is of Madonna which dates back to the Baroque era. The St. Stephen Fountain in front of the church is also a contribution by Jeno Bory.
Tourists visit the church to witness the beautiful building and the popular sculpting that is associated with it. You can also attend the weekend masses.
- The church is a short visit, so do explore the shops at Kossuth circle.
- Do see the St. Stephen Monument on the south wall of the cathedral.
- Mass timings: Weekdays: 7.15 and 18.00
- Sunday: 7.30, 9.00, 10.30, 18.00
- Bus: The bus stop is a 5 minute walk from the museum.
- Autobuszallomas Kaposvar Budai Nagy Antal Street.
- Train: A rail runs by the Budai Nagy Antal Street too.
- Corso Etterem
- Stuhmer Kavehaz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kaposvar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaposvar and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kaposvar include Cathedral Of Kaposvar in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.71% of people start their Cathedral Of Kaposvar visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cathedral Of Kaposvar
91.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedral Of Kaposvar