Gergely Csiky Theatre, Kaposvar
Gergely Csiky Theatre, Kaposvar - Address, Phone Number
Address: Kaposvar, Rakoczi ter, 7400 Hungary
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.1K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Garden, Performance, Play, Theatre, Cinema, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Gergely Csiky Theatre, Kaposvar
Named after the famous dramatist- Gergely Csiky, the Gergely Csiky Theatre, opened in 1911, is the first theatre of Hungary. Designed by Ede Magyar the theatre is an architectural marvel and shows distinctive semi-cylindrical sides with rare ferro-concrete roofing. It is the largest theatre in Hungary and the was premiered by the famous operetta ‘The Gypsy Baron’ The theatre showcases innumerable movies, plays and performances to this day and is known to provide a pedestal for many of its actors.
Originally planned for a capacity of 1400 individuals, the theatre capacity was later limited to 860. The surrounding gardens are a relaxing treat to visitors while the innumerable arched windows and elegant design is a must-see for every art lover.
The theatre is as much a part of Hungarian history as its culture and is one of the most visited spots in the city by tourists as well as theatre admirers alike.
Gergely Csiky Theatre Information
- Try to catch a live play or performance as the theatre is inherent to calibre artists.
- Book the tickets well in advance as the theatre is known to have sold-out shows.
- Online booking is available on the official website.
Gergely Csiky Theatre Ticket Prices
- Free for Visiting.
- Ticket prices are subjected to variation if you want to catch a live show at the theatre.
How To reach Gergely Csiky Theatre by Public Transport
- Bus: The nearest bus stop to the theatre is, Autobuszallomas Kaposvar Budai Nagy Antal Street.
- Train: There is a train station running by ‘Budai Nagal Antal u’ street which is a 2 minute walk from the theatre.
Restaurants Near Gergely Csiky Theatre
- Kaposvar Etterem
- Corso Club and Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kaposvar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaposvar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Gergely Csiky Theatre, Kaposvar Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful interior, good plays.
Reméljük szép lesz ha elkészült.
A színház társulata kitűnő. Időről-időre megújul ugyan, ámde hasznára válik. Nagyszerű darabokat tűznek műsorra, a rendezés, a színészi játék teszi remekké.
Az ország egyik legnívósabb színháza.De most hogy felújítják,a legszebb lesz.