Rippl Ronai Museum, Kaposvar
About Rippl Ronai Museum, Kaposvar
Rippl Ronai Museum, Kaposvar - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Kaposvar, Fo u. 10, 7400 Hungary
Ticket Price: 700 HUF
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1000 times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Museum, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of the most celebrated artists of all times, Jozef Rippl-Ronai is the father of Hungarian art. Born above the famous Gold Lion Pharmacy in Kaposvar in 1861, Rippl Ronai was a pharmacy student by education but later studied painting at the Academy. Later he moved to Paris on grant basis to study painting from Munkacsy a realist painter.
Rippl- Ronai’s intrinsic and creative techniques make him an art-legend. His art is characterised by strong, intense colours which enhance its dramatic appeal. His signature technique of painting- ‘Corn’ style, not only redefined his career but the definition of art all over the world. His era is considered the last era for dramatic portrait art.
Tourists, visitors and art-fans adore the painter’s unusual techniques shown in his work. Artists from all over the world and history-lovers visit the place to enjoy a melange of inspiration and timeless art.
Tourists who visit the museum must also experience Rippl-Ronai’s memorial villa which offers a glimpse in the artist’s life untouched by changing times.
Rippl Ronai Museum Information
- Do visit the Rippl Ronai Villa (Roma Villa) which maintains the original furnishings and layouts of the artist’s home.
Rippl Ronai Museum Ticket Prices
- Adult- 700 HUF/ person
- Preferential- 350 HUF/ person
- Family Ticket - 1500 HUF
- Group (of minimum 10) - 600 HUF/person, 300 HUF
- Professional Guided Tour- 2500 HUF / group
How To reach Rippl Ronai Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: The bus stop is a 5 minute walk from the museum.
- Autobuszallomas Kaposvar Budai Nagy Antal Street
- Train: A rail runs by the Budai Nagy Antal Street too.
Restaurants Near Rippl Ronai Museum
The eateries are close to the Kossuth Circle.
- Trattoria La Prima
- Stuhmer Kavehaz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kaposvar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaposvar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rippl Ronai Museum, Kaposvar Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Nagy Imre Park
- Gyertyanosi Parkerdo
- Orszagos Magyar Vadaszkamara Somogy Megyei Teruleti Szervezete
- Fekete Istvan Latogatokozpont Deseda
- Kaposvar Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kaposvar
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kaposvar
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kaposvar
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kaposvar
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kaposvar
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kaposvar