Somogy County MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: 7400 Kaposvar, Fo street 10, Hungary
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36-82314011
- Ticket Price: 700 HUF
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Lake, Archaeological Site , Exhibition
Somogy County Museum - Review
The Somogy County museum is located approximately 50 kilometres south of Lake Balaton. Formerly known as the ‘City Hall’, the Somogy County Museum is an amalgamation of ethnic artefacts marking the history of Somogy County along with an exuberant collection of 20th century Hungarian art donated by Odon- brother of famous Hungarian painter Jozsef Rippl-Ronai. The museum houses permanent exhibitions as well as temporary exhibitions.
Rural Folk Art consisting of wooden carved objects mainly used by peasants and shepherds are the main attraction of the museum. The traditions of the outlawed ‘Betyar’ presented here are a treat to every culture explorer. Archaeological Relicts from the Somogy County are displayed which consist of artefacts from Stone Age to the middle ages.
The Ripple-Ronai Odon 20th Century Fine Art exhibition which is a ‘must-see’ for every visitor, justifies the art-pulse of Hungary. A great place to become one with the history of the city, the museum caters to everybody’s interest.
Presently, the museum’s official name is ‘Rippl- Rónai Town Museum with County’s Right’.
Somogy County Museum Information
- Do visit the nearby Rippl-Ronai Museum and Memorial Villa.
Somogy County Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults- 700 HUF/person
- Preferential- 350 HUF/person
- Family ticket- 1500 HUF
- Group (minimum 10 people)- 600 HUF/person, 300 HUF/person
- Professional guided tour- 2500 HUF/group
How To reach Somogy County Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: Autobuszallomas Kaposvar Budai Nagy Antal Street
Restaurants Near Somogy County Museum
- Stuhmer Kavehaz
- Trattoria La Prima
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kaposvar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaposvar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Somogy County Museum
45.71% of people who visit Kaposvar include Somogy County Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
66.67% of people start their Somogy County Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Somogy County Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Somogy County Museum
Somogy County Museum Map
Somogy County Museum Trips
Somogy County Museum, Kaposvar Reviews
All QuestionsSomogy county museum
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
Find places near Somogy County Museum, Kaposvar
Benzinkút -0.788 km away