How to Reach Kargil - The Easiest Way to Reach Kargil
- By Road : Kargil is landlocked and hence, the only way to reach the town is by roads. You can either hop on a bus or book a private taxi. The main pass between Srinagar and Kargil is blocked by snow from November to March. However, the Kargil to Leh road is open almost throughout the year. Government buses travel between Kargil and Padum on alternate days, twice a day to Suru Valley and once a day to other places on the national highway.
- By Air : The nearest airport is at Srinagar. From here, you have to travel by road.
- By Bus : Busses connecting nearby towns around Kargil also make stops at Kargil market and the highway passing through Kargil.
- By Private Taxi : Renting a private taxi for Kargil sightseeing is preferred by tourists.
- On Foot : Kargil town is small enough to be covered on foot. To see the nearby attractions however, renting a private taxi is recommended.
Are you looking for a Kargil travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Kargil from Nearby Cities
|Srinagar to Kargil||165.2 km||2 hours 45 mins|
|Delhi to Kargil||185.34 km||3 hours 5 mins|
|Pune to Kargil||523.85 km||8 hours 43 mins|
|Lucknow to Kargil||559.97 km||9 hours 19 mins|
|Tel aviv to Kargil||4597.63 km||76 hours 37 mins|
|New york city to Kargil||16690.6 km||278 hours 10 mins|