- Address: Mulbekh, Jammu & Kashmir, India, Kargil
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Statue, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery
Mulbekh Monastery - Review
Situated around 45 kilometres from Kargil, the Mulbekh Monastery is known for its two gompas (Buddhist fortifications of learning) and a 9 metre tall statue of Maitreya Buddha. The gompas belong to Drukpa and Gelugpa schools. The tall, calming and inspiring Maitreya Buddha statue overlooks the National Highway 1D between Leh and Kargil. The Monastery has beautiful and intricate wall paintings and houses some prized relics, ancient inscriptions and frescoes. A must visit while in Kargil.
Mulbekh Monastery Information
- Ask locals about the best time to visit the monastery.
- Dress modestly.
- Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
Mulbekh Monastery Opening and Closing Hours
- Please enquire before your visit.
How To reach Mulbekh Monastery by Public Transport
- Mulbekh bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kargil before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kargil and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mulbekh Monastery
95% of people who visit Kargil include Mulbekh Monastery in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
29.68% of people start their Mulbekh Monastery visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mulbekh Monastery
86.59% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mulbekh Monastery
Mulbekh Monastery Map
Mulbekh Monastery Trips
Mulbekh Monastery, Kargil Reviews
All QuestionsMulbekh monastery
- Lakeland Holiday Park Limited
- Planet Ice
- Adeyfield Bar Club
- Greenacres Club Management Limited
- Luminar Leisure
- Berwick Holiday Centre Limited
- Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall
- Stuss Business
- Presthaven Sands Holiday Park Butlins Call Centre
- Nash Mills Village Hall
- The Original Bowling Company