- Address: Mulbekh, Jammu & Kashmir, India, Kargil
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Statue, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery
Situated around 45 kilometres from Kargil, the Mulbekh Monastery is known for its two gompas (Buddhist fortifications of learning) and a 9 metre tall statue of Maitreya Buddha. The gompas belong to Drukpa and Gelugpa schools. The tall, calming and inspiring Maitreya Buddha statue overlooks the National Highway 1D between Leh and Kargil. The Monastery has beautiful and intricate wall paintings and houses some prized relics, ancient inscriptions and frescoes. A must visit while in Kargil.
- Ask locals about the best time to visit the monastery.
- Dress modestly.
- Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Please enquire before your visit.
- Mulbekh bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kargil before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kargil and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kargil include Mulbekh Monastery in their plan
28.57% of people start their Mulbekh Monastery visit around 8 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mulbekh Monastery
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mulbekh Monastery