Badisches Landesmuseum, Karlsruhe
About Badisches Landesmuseum, Karlsruhe
Badisches Landesmuseum, Karlsruhe - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Schloßbezirk 10,, 76131 Karlsruhe - Downtown West, Germany
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.3K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Museum, History Museum, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture , Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in 1919, Badisches Landesmuseum is located inside the Karlsruhe Palace and exhibits one of the largest architectural, cultural and historical collections. The majestic art collections cover history from ancient civilizations to modern history, including WWII. The museum has been preserved for the most part, after the castle of Karlsruhe being destroyed during WWII. The museum’s collections are presented across four floors, equipped with fascinating exhibits of the Baden-Württemberg area. A walk through the beautiful gardens behind the main building is the perfect thing to do after leaving the superb interior designed walls of the museum.
Highlights and must sees include:
- Ancient culture of the Mediterranean I and II: on the ground floor.
- Cabinet of curiosities, Wunderkammer: on the First floor.
- Weapons, armour and riding from the Turkish Wars: on the First floor.
- Permamnent Exhibition of history of Baden : on the second floor.
The museum has a well equipped reference library for the exhibition themes.
Badisches Landesmuseum Information
- As some displays lack english translation, buying a brochure with a brief english translation for the museum is recommended.
- Audio guides are available at the location, offering English option.
Badisches Landesmuseum Ticket Prices
- EUR 3: Reduced (students, vocational students, holders of the SWR2 Culture Card)
- EUR 0.50: Student
- Free: Friday afternoon 2:00-6:00pm (excluding special exhibition) with the Upper Rhine museum pass.
How To reach Badisches Landesmuseum by Public Transport
- Unable to verify
- Walk or call a taxi
- Ask a local for bus details
Restaurants Near Badisches Landesmuseum
- Cafe Pan
- II Caminetto
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Karlsruhe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Karlsruhe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Badisches Landesmuseum, Karlsruhe Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Eden
- Staatliches Museum Für Naturkunde Karlsruhe
- Karlsruhe Institute Of Technology
- Die Stadtmitte
- Center For Art And Media Technology
- Otto-dullenkopf Park
- Botanischer Garten
- Karlsruhe Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Karlsruhe
- What to See in 48 Hours in Karlsruhe
- What to See in 72 Hours in Karlsruhe
- How to Spend 5 Days in Karlsruhe
- How to Spend 6 Days in Karlsruhe
- How to Spend 7 Days in Karlsruhe