Center For Art And Media TechnologyCurrently Closed
ZKM | Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe, founded in 1989, is a home for all forms of contemporary art. An unparalleled cultural institution where the visitors get an exciting chance for active interaction and discussion in the fields ranging from fine arts to media technology. Located in an old munitions factory, it hosts two museums, three research institutes, one media center, one laboratory and a number of interactive event spaces under one roof. Unlike most museums where one can only look and admire, this place opens up great possibilities of interaction with the exhibits. Highlights and must sees include:
- Media Library - consists of extensive video collection, audio collection and library.
- ZKM Game Play - classic video games section on the top floor.
- Museum of Contemporary art
- Media Theater, Lecture Hall and Cube, for interactive event spaces.
- Every Friday from 2 pm the admission into the ZKM | Museum of Contemporary Art is free.
- Wheelchairs are available at the location for the disabled.
- EUR 2: Children from 7 to 17 years
- EUR 12: Family pass (Two adults and up to three children under 18 years)
- EUR 4(per person): Groups of 10 and more.
- By Tram: From main train station [Hauphtbahnhof] : Line 2 (towards ›ZKM - Siemansallee‹) to the stop ZKM (Travel time approx. 6 mins).
- By Bus: From the main train station: Bus route 55 (towards ›Kuhler Krug – Bannwaldallee‹) to the stop ›Lorenzstrabe – ZKM (travel time approx. 15 mins).
- Die fritte
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Karlsruhe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Karlsruhe and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.37% of people who visit Karlsruhe include Center For Art And Media Technology in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
47.67% of people start their Center For Art And Media Technology visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Center For Art And Media Technology
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Center For Art And Media Technology
This is the most odd museum we have been too. It is part art and part technology. Many of the displays are interactive which makes it more engaging however just as art is, the response you get will be how you take it. The place is pretty large with many setups so it will take a good 2 hours to hit up most of the them. We went when it wasn't busy so we did not have to wait. For a unique experience, I recommend coming here.
One can find exhibition, activity, cozy place to observe, explore or just be on its own here. Great atmosphere, absolutely fantastic and professionally made landscape. Immediately thought to study here or just visit as often as possible. Love the Marshall McLuhan exhibition very much.
A very interesting museum that's currently hosting an amazing exhibit about big data and data collection/management, which is free to visit until January 2019!
Fascinating exhibition on artistic usage and social impact of modern technologies. Looks even more gorgeous at night.
Amazing interactive art and video games that are thought provoking. Plants hooked up to virtual reality, a motor with gear reductions so great it will take 13 billion years to make a rotation, many great works of art and the history of weird innovation.