Center For Art And Media Technology327 Votes Currently Open
ZKM | Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe, founded in 1989, is a home for all forms of contemporary art. An unparalleled cultural institution where the visitors get an exciting chance for active interaction and discussion in the fields ranging from fine arts to media technology. Located in an old munitions factory, it hosts two museums, three research institutes, one media center, one laboratory and a number of interactive event spaces under one roof. Unlike most museums where one can only look and admire, this place opens up great possibilities of interaction with the exhibits. Highlights and must sees include:
- Media Library - consists of extensive video collection, audio collection and library.
- ZKM Game Play - classic video games section on the top floor.
- Museum of Contemporary art
- Media Theater, Lecture Hall and Cube, for interactive event spaces.
Center For Art And Media Technology Travel Tips
- Every Friday from 2 pm the admission into the ZKM | Museum of Contemporary Art is free.
- Wheelchairs are available at the location for the disabled.
Entrance Ticket Details For Center For Art And Media Technology
- EUR 2: Children from 7 to 17 years
- EUR 12: Family pass (Two adults and up to three children under 18 years)
- EUR 4(per person): Groups of 10 and more.
How to Reach Center For Art And Media Technology
- By Tram: From main train station [Hauphtbahnhof] : Line 2 (towards ›ZKM - Siemansallee‹) to the stop ZKM (Travel time approx. 6 mins).
- By Bus: From the main train station: Bus route 55 (towards ›Kuhler Krug – Bannwaldallee‹) to the stop ›Lorenzstrabe – ZKM (travel time approx. 15 mins).
- Die fritte
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Karlsruhe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Karlsruhe and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.32% of people who visit Karlsruhe include Center For Art And Media Technology in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
47.67% of people start their Center For Art And Media Technology visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Center For Art And Media Technology
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Center For Art And Media Technology