Center For Art And Media Technology, Karlsruhe
About Center For Art And Media Technology, Karlsruhe
Center For Art And Media Technology, Karlsruhe - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Lorenzstr. 19, D-76135 Karlsruhe, Germany
Ticket Price: 6 EUR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
ZKM | Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe, founded in 1989, is a home for all forms of contemporary art. An unparalleled cultural institution where the visitors get an exciting chance for active interaction and discussion in the fields ranging from fine arts to media technology. Located in an old munitions factory, it hosts two museums, three research institutes, one media center, one laboratory and a number of interactive event spaces under one roof. Unlike most museums where one can only look and admire, this place opens up great possibilities of interaction with the exhibits. Highlights and must sees include:
- Media Library - consists of extensive video collection, audio collection and library.
- ZKM Game Play - classic video games section on the top floor.
- Museum of Contemporary art
- Media Theater, Lecture Hall and Cube, for interactive event spaces.
Center For Art And Media Technology Information
- Every Friday from 2 pm the admission into the ZKM | Museum of Contemporary Art is free.
- Wheelchairs are available at the location for the disabled.
Center For Art And Media Technology Ticket Prices
- EUR 2: Children from 7 to 17 years
- EUR 12: Family pass (Two adults and up to three children under 18 years)
- EUR 4(per person): Groups of 10 and more.
How To reach Center For Art And Media Technology by Public Transport
- By Tram: From main train station [Hauphtbahnhof] : Line 2 (towards ›ZKM - Siemansallee‹) to the stop ZKM (Travel time approx. 6 mins).
- By Bus: From the main train station: Bus route 55 (towards ›Kuhler Krug – Bannwaldallee‹) to the stop ›Lorenzstrabe – ZKM (travel time approx. 15 mins).
Restaurants Near Center For Art And Media Technology
- Die fritte
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Karlsruhe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Karlsruhe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Center For Art And Media Technology, Karlsruhe Reviews - Write a Review
Some cool exhibits and very affordable. I enjoyed the video games section and the new media section.
Unique museum. Super curators, good exhibitions. I always go there when I'm around town.
One of the world's best museums of media art. The always changing exhibitions make it worthwhile to visit several times per year. Free admission on Friday afternoon and at openings of new exhibitions.
Nice place for social and organizational events with good transportation access.
Always worth a visit when you are in Karlsruhe. The nice buildings facilitate frequently changing exhibitions with a variety of themes so everyone gets something out of it. It is also very cheap for students!
- Nearby Attractions
- Freimaurerloge Friede Und Freiheit Nr.750
- Turnhalle Asv Grunwettersbach
- Kart & Eventcenter Spielmann Gmbh
- Hotel Am Markt
- Karlsruhe Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Karlsruhe
- What to See in 48 Hours in Karlsruhe
- What to See in 72 Hours in Karlsruhe
- How to Spend 5 Days in Karlsruhe
- How to Spend 6 Days in Karlsruhe
- How to Spend 7 Days in Karlsruhe