Karlsruhe Palace, Karlsruhe
About Karlsruhe Palace, Karlsruhe
Karlsruhe Palace, Karlsruhe - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Schloss Karlsruhe, Schlossbezirk 10, 76131 Karlsruhe, Innenstadt-West, Germany
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.5K times in trip plans
Museum, Garden, View Point, Walking Area, Castle, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Karlsruhe palace, built in 1715 by Margrave Charles III William of Baden-Durlach, has served as the residence and seat of the government of the Baden dynasty for 200 hundred years. Since it came into existence this palace has witnessed numerous renovations as it stands at the hub of 32 avenues radiating outwards symmetrically to form Karlsruhe's iconic layout, the so-called "Fächer", or fan. This Palace turned museum, is one of the most active cultural history museums in Germany and has well-maintained beautiful gardens spreading over a large area in the backyard. Sitting on the banks besides the immaculate gardens during early spring or late autumn will fill you with a sense of peace and serenity. Highlights and must sees include:
- Ancient jewellery, crockery and statues collection
- Climbing the stairs to the top of the tower to catch the stunning view of the city
- Walking around the catwalk
- Chinese tea huts
Karlsruhe Palace Information
- All stories are accessible by wheelchair for the disabled visitors.
- Last admission to the tower one hour before closing.
Karlsruhe Palace Ticket Prices
- EUR 3:(Reduced) Disabled visitors with a disabled pass. Free admission for one person accompanying along.
- EUR 8: Families
- EUR 0.50: Schoolchildren
- Free: Fridays 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm (excluding special exhibits) Museums-PASS-Musees
How To reach Karlsruhe Palace by Public Transport
- From the central train station, take the tram arriving from the left and departing to the right and get down at the stop ‘Marktplatz’.
Restaurants Near Karlsruhe Palace
- Multi Kulti GdbR
- Oberlaender Weinstube
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Karlsruhe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Karlsruhe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Karlsruhe Palace, Karlsruhe Reviews - Write a Review
Had a chance to visit it during the summer. Great place to sit around the park and have a nice time. There's stream of water flowing in between the park (Saw a couple dancing on it barefoot). Kids were also enjoying playing with the water.
Walked here everyday with Charlie for the last six weeks. Favourite place to be! Restaurant in the Schloss garden is an excellent place to eat or just to have a coffee!
Ok. Nice to look at but not much inside and all the info is in German only. Worth a visit if you have time to kill.
Interesting collection, you get to see a little bit of everything: from the ancient Egyptians to the lifestyle of the German people during the Cold War. Also you can climb up to the tower and get a nice view of the city.
A very nice railway with a steam train around the palace on Sundays and public holidays. Costs around 4 euro and worth every penny
- Nearby Attractions
- Die Stadtmitte
- Center For Art And Media Technology
- Otto-dullenkopf Park
- Botanischer Garten
- Botanischer Garten Des Kit
- Tierpark Oberwald
- Falknerei Karlsruhe
- Karlsruhe Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Karlsruhe
- What to See in 48 Hours in Karlsruhe
- What to See in 72 Hours in Karlsruhe
- How to Spend 5 Days in Karlsruhe
- How to Spend 6 Days in Karlsruhe
- How to Spend 7 Days in Karlsruhe