Karlsruhe PalaceCurrently Closed
- Address: Schloss Karlsruhe, Schlossbezirk 10, 76131 Karlsruhe, Innenstadt-West, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-7219266514
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Castle, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Karlsruhe Palace - Review
The Karlsruhe palace, built in 1715 by Margrave Charles III William of Baden-Durlach, has served as the residence and seat of the government of the Baden dynasty for 200 hundred years. Since it came into existence this palace has witnessed numerous renovations as it stands at the hub of 32 avenues radiating outwards symmetrically to form Karlsruhe's iconic layout, the so-called "Fächer", or fan. This Palace turned museum, is one of the most active cultural history museums in Germany and has well-maintained beautiful gardens spreading over a large area in the backyard. Sitting on the banks besides the immaculate gardens during early spring or late autumn will fill you with a sense of peace and serenity. Highlights and must sees include:
- Ancient jewellery, crockery and statues collection
- Climbing the stairs to the top of the tower to catch the stunning view of the city
- Walking around the catwalk
- Chinese tea huts
Karlsruhe Palace Information
- All stories are accessible by wheelchair for the disabled visitors.
- Last admission to the tower one hour before closing.
Karlsruhe Palace Ticket Prices
- EUR 3:(Reduced) Disabled visitors with a disabled pass. Free admission for one person accompanying along.
- EUR 8: Families
- EUR 0.50: Schoolchildren
- Free: Fridays 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm (excluding special exhibits) Museums-PASS-Musees
How To reach Karlsruhe Palace by Public Transport
- From the central train station, take the tram arriving from the left and departing to the right and get down at the stop ‘Marktplatz’.
Restaurants Near Karlsruhe Palace
- Multi Kulti GdbR
- Oberlaender Weinstube
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Karlsruhe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Karlsruhe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Karlsruhe Palace
92.25% of people who visit Karlsruhe include Karlsruhe Palace in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
67.91% of people start their Karlsruhe Palace visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Karlsruhe Palace
74.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Karlsruhe Palace
Karlsruhe Palace Trips
Karlsruhe Palace, Karlsruhe Reviews
Extensive museum inside the Karlsruhe palace. Many signs that photography is forbidden at most exhibits but I saw a lot of visitors still taking photos and staff didn't seem to mind. We spend well over 3 hours here without getting bored. It's possible to climb the tower, I can recommend it for the nice views of the surroundings of the castle.
Pretty ok. There's a sizable museum inside but no signs of a palace except for one of the hallways. Top of the tower is pretty nice and the garden is great. Only visit if you really have time on your hands.
Lovely place to visit on a beautiful day. The collections in their museum are superb. I was surprised after a week in Munich visiting many museums that they made me check my purse and gave me a clear plastic shopping bag for anything I wanted to carry with me during my visit. Also the rooms inside were unbearably warm with no ventilation. Outside it was a cool, clear, breezy day. I will return in the winter to see how they handle cold weather. Great collection though!!
A great collection of very old art. Extremely well preserved. Not overcrowded. We took a lot of pictures (no flash) The personal is very polite.
A nice garden. The palace itself is beautiful from the outside. Didn't have enough time to visit inside. Interesting exhibitions (judging by the advertisments in front of the building).