Karlsruhe Palace425 Votes Currently Open
The Karlsruhe palace, built in 1715 by Margrave Charles III William of Baden-Durlach, has served as the residence and seat of the government of the Baden dynasty for 200 hundred years. Since it came into existence this palace has witnessed numerous renovations as it stands at the hub of 32 avenues radiating outwards symmetrically to form Karlsruhe's iconic layout, the so-called "Fächer", or fan. This Palace turned museum, is one of the most active cultural history museums in Germany and has well-maintained beautiful gardens spreading over a large area in the backyard. Sitting on the banks besides the immaculate gardens during early spring or late autumn will fill you with a sense of peace and serenity. Highlights and must sees include:
- Ancient jewellery, crockery and statues collection
- Climbing the stairs to the top of the tower to catch the stunning view of the city
- Walking around the catwalk
- Chinese tea huts
Karlsruhe Palace Travel Tips
- All stories are accessible by wheelchair for the disabled visitors.
- Last admission to the tower one hour before closing.
Entrance Ticket Details For Karlsruhe Palace
- EUR 3:(Reduced) Disabled visitors with a disabled pass. Free admission for one person accompanying along.
- EUR 8: Families
- EUR 0.50: Schoolchildren
- Free: Fridays 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm (excluding special exhibits) Museums-PASS-Musees
How to Reach Karlsruhe Palace
- From the central train station, take the tram arriving from the left and departing to the right and get down at the stop ‘Marktplatz’.
- Multi Kulti GdbR
- Oberlaender Weinstube
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Karlsruhe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Karlsruhe and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.59% of people who visit Karlsruhe include Karlsruhe Palace in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
67.91% of people start their Karlsruhe Palace visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Karlsruhe Palace
74.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Karlsruhe Palace
Karlsruhe Palace Reviews & Ratings
Hi! Do we need entrance ticket if we will just take a photo from the outside? We don't have much time in Karlsruhe that's why we'll only stop for photos. Thanks!Answer Report Abuse
I don't think you will need any ticket to take [photos of the Karlsruhe Palace from outside. But, I suggest you confirm before visiting by calling on 49 (0)721 926-6514.Report Abuse