State Art Gallery226 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hans-Thoma-Straße 2-6, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany, 76133
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-7219263355
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Art Gallery, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts, Landmarks, Social, Arts, Museums
Opened in 1846, the state art gallery has maintained most of its original works of the collection since it’s year of inception. Opened with a motive to serve as an agent between the past, present and future, it not only preserves the legends of several centuries but also aims at modern historic collection and it’s perpetuation and expansion. The state gallery is spread over three historical buildings besides the Botanical garden. The main building and the palace Orangerie exhibit diverse art paintings from different periods through the impressionist/Expressionist period to the modern art abstract. The State gallery besides being home to one of the greatest German art collection, boasts of impressive architecture as well and has a dedicated section for art collections for adolescents and children. Highlights and must sees include:
- The Copperplate cabinet
- Youth Gallery
The Copperplate Cabinet is one of the oldest graphical art collections in Europe, and contains more than 90,000 prints. The State art gallery has one of the largest public museum libraries of southern Germany which has an impressive collection of over 1,50,000 volumes.
State Art Gallery Travel Tips
- For People with mobility-impaired disabilities, getting in touch with the State Gallery management is recommended prior a visit as they are ready to do special preparations in such cases.
Entrance Ticket Details For State Art Gallery
- EUR 4: Pupils
- EUR 10: Families
- Free: Students; Museum pass holder
- Admission free for Junge Kunsthalle
How to Reach State Art Gallery
- From Hauptbahnhof : Using the tram (Straßenbahn)
- Line S1, S11, 2, 3, 4, 6.
- Oberlaender Weinstube
- II Giardino
- Dang Wok’s
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Karlsruhe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Karlsruhe and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.36% of people who visit Karlsruhe include State Art Gallery in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
59.34% of people start their State Art Gallery visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see State Art Gallery
57.3% of people prefer walking in order to reach State Art Gallery