Christ ChurchCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Lower Mall, Near Bus Stand Kasauli, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8894434763
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Located at the busiest street of the town, The Mall Road, this grand church is one of the major tourist attractions of the town. It was constructed in the British Era in Gothic style and still radiates the old world charm. Studded with pines and cobbled roads all across, Everyone lights a candle here, the devoted and the visitors alike. They have known to show appreciation post wish fulfillment through their generous contributions. A sundial is mounted on a stone pillar. The visits to the church lead to a short walk to the cemetery, which has tombstones from the 18th century also.
- The paint glass windows in the church are just as vivid even today. The painted glass was imported from England in those times.
- The outlook of the church is stunning, with a beautiful clockwater, which has not being working though.
The fragrance of the pines over the valley and the calm and serenity of the church is one to behold. Built amongst pine and chestnut groves, it has a big courtyard in front for cars to drive through.
- Be careful of the monkeys that can be spotted here.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Food is available for purchase.
- Bathroom facilities are also available.
- Wearing of shoes/ footwear is allowed.
- The Sunday Service is held at 9:30 am.
- Bus: The Church stands very close to the bus stand.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kasauli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kasauli and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kasauli include Christ Church in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
37.5% of people start their Christ Church visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Christ Church
94.59% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Christ Church
The Christ Church was established in 1853 A.D. by an influential British family who had founded the serene town of Kasauli in 1842 as a respite from the hustle and bustle of the hill station of Shimla. This church has a real clock till now which was installed at construction time. Photography is prohibited inside.
Beautiful church in a peaceful and tranquil hill station. The historic church has gothic style architecture and it is one of the oldest in Himachal Pradesh.
Wonderful Place. Such a peaceful environment and prayer time is divine. Must visit.
Great Place. Very close to bus stand. Easy to reach.
Very nice place for outing with family,cool weather,peaceful, less polluted ! You can feel the nature's love. Your eyes will feel cool. Beware of 🐒. Not much parking space is there. You need to pay Rs. 100 to enter in the kasauli. All the views from this place are offering yoga for your eyes. You will feel yourself in the lap of nature.