Monkey PointCurrently Closed
- Address: Solan, Himachal Pradesh- 173220, Kasauli, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Hill
Located at the highest point of the hill, it is just 4 kilometers from the Kasauli Bus Stand. Legend has it that when Lord Hanuman was flying over with the death defying herb Sanjeevani Booti, he rested one of his foot on the top of the hill. That is why it has the shape of a foot. This spot is presently maintained by the Indian Air Forces, and you may have to go through some frisking when you are here. It is a great spot to get away from the chaotic city life.
- There is a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman at the top of the hill, where he was said to rest his foot.
- It is an amazing place for trekkers. It also has a helipad.
- The breathtaking view of the Sutlej River is an added perk to this point.
The view from the top is stunning on a starry night. You also get a glimpse of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Kalka splendidly at display. The place is flocked with many monkeys, who roam around and are usually harmless. It is a nice place to relax and soak in the fresh air and pristine views. You can reach Solan through private car or taxi; park it and trek up to Monkey Top.
Monkey Point Travel Tips
- Tourists have to avail prior permission to visit this place.
- You’d be frisked at the air force base before being allowed entry into the Hanuman Temple.
- Camera, cell phones, USB and electronic gadgets are not allowed inside Monkey Point. It’s better you keep it away before coming to this place.
- The monkeys roaming here, though are harmless but one must be careful to not tease or incite them. Tourists must take care of their belongings and children.
- Snacks are available in eateries that are located here.
- Restroom and utilities are available here too.
- Lockers and Storage facilities are present.
- Wearing of shoes/ footwear is allowed.
Monkey Point Hours
- The place stays open on all days of the week, including weekends and public holidays in the same timeframe.
- The air force base opens up at 9:00 am and closes by 5:00 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kasauli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kasauli and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.07% of people who visit Kasauli include Monkey Point in their plan
27.78% of people start their Monkey Point visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Monkey Point
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monkey Point
Monkey Point Reviews & Ratings
It is the top most point. 4 kms away from main gate. Either you can walk all way which is not recommended because it is so much tiresome or come in your personal car. Along the way there is hardly any drinking water or any food available. After reaching top point You needs to very lucky so that you can see something like foothills or rivers far and wide provided there is clear sky. Otherwise nothing good to see here. Full of monkeys, who are constantly looking to snatch away any edibles you have. A small temple of lord hanuman on top point and a small restaurant which serves average cooked and packed food here.
It's a reasonably ok place if you have some religious beliefs. Monkey around are a big nuisance and they will stop you and search you for eatables. Recommended you don't carry any eatables.
The Climb was awesome! The area is well maintained. And the view from the top was.... No words!!
Nice hilly area. You will feel fresh air when you climb up here. But keep in mind you have to climb a good amount of stairs to reach at the top/temple which is located here. Also when coming here you will have to leave all your electronic devices outside the main gate as it falls under air force area. You can leave them in your vehicle or in the canteen located just outside the gates here. After entering you will be properly frisked by the air force people and then will be allowed to enter. Must visit place.
It was good place i hv a look from distance but it was colsed due to security reasons.