Monkey Point353 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Solan, Himachal Pradesh- 173220, Kasauli, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Hill
Located at the highest point of the hill, it is just 4 kilometers from the Kasauli Bus Stand. Legend has it that when Lord Hanuman was flying over with the death defying herb Sanjeevani Booti, he rested one of his foot on the top of the hill. That is why it has the shape of a foot. This spot is presently maintained by the Indian Air Forces, and you may have to go through some frisking when you are here. It is a great spot to get away from the chaotic city life.
- There is a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman at the top of the hill, where he was said to rest his foot.
- It is an amazing place for trekkers. It also has a helipad.
- The breathtaking view of the Sutlej River is an added perk to this point.
The view from the top is stunning on a starry night. You also get a glimpse of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Kalka splendidly at display. The place is flocked with many monkeys, who roam around and are usually harmless. It is a nice place to relax and soak in the fresh air and pristine views. You can reach Solan through private car or taxi; park it and trek up to Monkey Top.
Monkey Point Travel Tips
- Tourists have to avail prior permission to visit this place.
- You’d be frisked at the air force base before being allowed entry into the Hanuman Temple.
- Camera, cell phones, USB and electronic gadgets are not allowed inside Monkey Point. It’s better you keep it away before coming to this place.
- The monkeys roaming here, though are harmless but one must be careful to not tease or incite them. Tourists must take care of their belongings and children.
- Snacks are available in eateries that are located here.
- Restroom and utilities are available here too.
- Lockers and Storage facilities are present.
- Wearing of shoes/ footwear is allowed.
Monkey Point Hours
- The place stays open on all days of the week, including weekends and public holidays in the same timeframe.
- The air force base opens up at 9:00 am and closes by 5:00 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kasauli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kasauli and book an accommodation of your choice.
33.65% of people who visit Kasauli include Monkey Point in their plan
27.78% of people start their Monkey Point visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Monkey Point
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monkey Point