Monkey PointCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Solan, Himachal Pradesh- 173220, Kasauli, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Hill
Monkey Point - Review
Located at the highest point of the hill, it is just 4 kilometers from the Kasauli Bus Stand. Legend has it that when Lord Hanuman was flying over with the death defying herb Sanjeevani Booti, he rested one of his foot on the top of the hill. That is why it has the shape of a foot. This spot is presently maintained by the Indian Air Forces, and you may have to go through some frisking when you are here. It is a great spot to get away from the chaotic city life.
- There is a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman at the top of the hill, where he was said to rest his foot.
- It is an amazing place for trekkers. It also has a helipad.
- The breathtaking view of the Sutlej River is an added perk to this point.
The view from the top is stunning on a starry night. You also get a glimpse of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Kalka splendidly at display. The place is flocked with many monkeys, who roam around and are usually harmless. It is a nice place to relax and soak in the fresh air and pristine views. You can reach Solan through private car or taxi; park it and trek up to Monkey Top.
Monkey Point Information
- Tourists have to avail prior permission to visit this place.
- You’d be frisked at the air force base before being allowed entry into the Hanuman Temple.
- Camera, cell phones, USB and electronic gadgets are not allowed inside Monkey Point. It’s better you keep it away before coming to this place.
- The monkeys roaming here, though are harmless but one must be careful to not tease or incite them. Tourists must take care of their belongings and children.
- Snacks are available in eateries that are located here.
- Restroom and utilities are available here too.
- Lockers and Storage facilities are present.
- Wearing of shoes/ footwear is allowed.
Monkey Point Opening and Closing Hours
- The place stays open on all days of the week, including weekends and public holidays in the same timeframe.
- The air force base opens up at 9:00 am and closes by 5:00 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kasauli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kasauli and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Monkey Point
95% of people who visit Kasauli include Monkey Point in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
57.14% of people start their Monkey Point visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Monkey Point
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monkey Point
Monkey Point Map
Monkey Point Trips
Monkey Point, Kasauli Reviews
Nice place. Mobiles or Dslrs not allowed inside as it's a military area. There is a steep climb of stairs of about 500 meters so you need to be in fit condition. At top, view is serene. With lots of winds lashing your face. There is an average temple and a helipad at top. It will take you about 20 minutes to get to the top and 10 minutes to drop back off. There is drop in oxygen levels at top because of the altitude. So you may experience giddiness if your climb is sudden and non stop. Marble floor becomes slippery in rain so watch out.
Old temple of god hanumanji.. nearly 200 stairs. View is very good from top.
This is wonderfull place which is hidden unless you go there, pics are not from exactly same place but arround that place. You must.go.there if you ever visited kasuali
You just have walk up on few stairs and you are seeing scenery which you never ever seen in your life...this temple is very nice
Jai Shree Ram. Amazing Hanumanji temple. Beware of the monkeys on the way. Rest is good. Also an uphill task to reach the temple.
All QuestionsMonkey point
- Parrocchia S. Pio X
- Dimensione Junior Di Laghi Mariassunta
- Settebello Camping Villaggio Turistico
- Schiavella Danilo
- Camping S.Anastasia SAS
- Castello Di Fondi
- Camping Fondi Holiday
- Parrocchia S. Maria
- Cantina San Michele
- Camping Ain El Gazala CAMPEGGI OSTELLI VILLAGGI TURISTICI
- G.E.C.A.V.-Gestione Esercizi Campeggi Alberghi Villaggi SRL
- Camping Torre Canneto
- Camping Ain El Gazala
- Parrocchia San Paolo
- Camping Settebello