Monkey PointCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Solan, Himachal Pradesh- 173220, Kasauli, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Hill
Located at the highest point of the hill, it is just 4 kilometers from the Kasauli Bus Stand. Legend has it that when Lord Hanuman was flying over with the death defying herb Sanjeevani Booti, he rested one of his foot on the top of the hill. That is why it has the shape of a foot. This spot is presently maintained by the Indian Air Forces, and you may have to go through some frisking when you are here. It is a great spot to get away from the chaotic city life.
- There is a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman at the top of the hill, where he was said to rest his foot.
- It is an amazing place for trekkers. It also has a helipad.
- The breathtaking view of the Sutlej River is an added perk to this point.
The view from the top is stunning on a starry night. You also get a glimpse of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Kalka splendidly at display. The place is flocked with many monkeys, who roam around and are usually harmless. It is a nice place to relax and soak in the fresh air and pristine views. You can reach Solan through private car or taxi; park it and trek up to Monkey Top.
- Tourists have to avail prior permission to visit this place.
- You’d be frisked at the air force base before being allowed entry into the Hanuman Temple.
- Camera, cell phones, USB and electronic gadgets are not allowed inside Monkey Point. It’s better you keep it away before coming to this place.
- The monkeys roaming here, though are harmless but one must be careful to not tease or incite them. Tourists must take care of their belongings and children.
- Snacks are available in eateries that are located here.
- Restroom and utilities are available here too.
- Lockers and Storage facilities are present.
- Wearing of shoes/ footwear is allowed.
- The place stays open on all days of the week, including weekends and public holidays in the same timeframe.
- The air force base opens up at 9:00 am and closes by 5:00 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kasauli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kasauli and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.79% of people who visit Kasauli include Monkey Point in their plan
27.78% of people start their Monkey Point visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Monkey Point
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monkey Point
Nice hilly area. You will feel fresh air when you climb up here. But keep in mind you have to climb a good amount of stairs to reach at the top/temple which is located here. Also when coming here you will have to leave all your electronic devices outside the main gate as it falls under air force area. You can leave them in your vehicle or in the canteen located just outside the gates here. After entering you will be properly frisked by the air force people and then will be allowed to enter. Must visit place.
Nice hill top temple and view. Keep in mind that you have to climb a good amount of stairs to reach on top. Also you will have to submit all electronic device at the entry gate because temple falls in Indian Air force campus. Also keep in mind that there is very less parking space available at the entry.
amazing view. please be prepared for frisking by air force police. you have to leave your mobile cams and remote controlled devices at the entry and take a pass for climbing the hill. maggi at cafe is amazing. car parking and reversing is an issue so take advance precautions
Place to enjoy endless talks with you friends or partner. Beautiful panoramic view of the Himalayas can be enjoyed here. At a walk of a kilometer and a little hike up to the hill. There is a Hanuman Temple at the top. But beware of monkeys.
Nice location to hangout. The top is breath taking. Temple is beautiful. This temple is in air-force area so you are not allowed to bring your phone, pendrive and other electronic items. The canteen located at the starting of the temple stairs have tasty food but rates are high from the market.