Monkey PointCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Solan, Himachal Pradesh- 173220, Kasauli, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Hill
Monkey Point - Review
Located at the highest point of the hill, it is just 4 kilometers from the Kasauli Bus Stand. Legend has it that when Lord Hanuman was flying over with the death defying herb Sanjeevani Booti, he rested one of his foot on the top of the hill. That is why it has the shape of a foot. This spot is presently maintained by the Indian Air Forces, and you may have to go through some frisking when you are here. It is a great spot to get away from the chaotic city life.
- There is a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman at the top of the hill, where he was said to rest his foot.
- It is an amazing place for trekkers. It also has a helipad.
- The breathtaking view of the Sutlej River is an added perk to this point.
The view from the top is stunning on a starry night. You also get a glimpse of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Kalka splendidly at display. The place is flocked with many monkeys, who roam around and are usually harmless. It is a nice place to relax and soak in the fresh air and pristine views. You can reach Solan through private car or taxi; park it and trek up to Monkey Top.
Monkey Point Information
- Tourists have to avail prior permission to visit this place.
- You’d be frisked at the air force base before being allowed entry into the Hanuman Temple.
- Camera, cell phones, USB and electronic gadgets are not allowed inside Monkey Point. It’s better you keep it away before coming to this place.
- The monkeys roaming here, though are harmless but one must be careful to not tease or incite them. Tourists must take care of their belongings and children.
- Snacks are available in eateries that are located here.
- Restroom and utilities are available here too.
- Lockers and Storage facilities are present.
- Wearing of shoes/ footwear is allowed.
Monkey Point Hours
- The place stays open on all days of the week, including weekends and public holidays in the same timeframe.
- The air force base opens up at 9:00 am and closes by 5:00 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kasauli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kasauli and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Monkey Point
50.95% of people who visit Kasauli include Monkey Point in their plan
27.78% of people start their Monkey Point visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Monkey Point
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monkey Point
Monkey Point Trips
Monkey Point, Kasauli Reviews
Nice location to hangout. The top is breath taking. Temple is beautiful. This temple is in air-force area so you are not allowed to bring your phone, pendrive and other electronic items. The canteen located at the starting of the temple stairs have tasty food but rates are high from the market.
its in the area maintained by military. very beautiful place and views. but you cant take cameras etc inside it and also avoid taking food because there are lots of monkeys there. perfect place to visits if u visit kasoli ever
Great view from up top and a good steep 15 min walk up to the temple. There's a lot of monkeys, so it's better to carry a 'lathi' stick and not carry any eatables in your hands or pockets.
It's Air Force Area ...so no one carry your Mobile/Camera inside That is the place which we can't capture in Mobile's but we capture in Mind & heart for forever... Beautiful place
The place where you have to trek to the temple, the trek is of at least 500 meters. During the trek, you will find numerous monkeys, who don't gonna trouble you. For the entry at this place, first, you have to show your valid ID proof, for which you will be getting a visitor's pass, after which you can enter the place. None of the electronic devices, such mobile phones, cameras, spy cam, or any other device.