Monkey Point, Kasauli
About Monkey Point, Kasauli
Monkey Point, Kasauli - Address
Address: Solan, Himachal Pradesh- 173220
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 3.7K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Hill
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located at the highest point of the hill, it is just 4 kilometers from the Kasauli Bus Stand. Legend has it that when Lord Hanuman was flying over with the death defying herb Sanjeevani Booti, he rested one of his foot on the top of the hill. That is why it has the shape of a foot. This spot is presently maintained by the Indian Air Forces, and you may have to go through some frisking when you are here. It is a great spot to get away from the chaotic city life.
- There is a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman at the top of the hill, where he was said to rest his foot.
- It is an amazing place for trekkers. It also has a helipad.
- The breathtaking view of the Sutlej River is an added perk to this point.
The view from the top is stunning on a starry night. You also get a glimpse of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Kalka splendidly at display. The place is flocked with many monkeys, who roam around and are usually harmless. It is a nice place to relax and soak in the fresh air and pristine views. You can reach Solan through private car or taxi; park it and trek up to Monkey Top.
Monkey Point Information
- Tourists have to avail prior permission to visit this place.
- You’d be frisked at the air force base before being allowed entry into the Hanuman Temple.
- Camera, cell phones, USB and electronic gadgets are not allowed inside Monkey Point. It’s better you keep it away before coming to this place.
- The monkeys roaming here, though are harmless but one must be careful to not tease or incite them. Tourists must take care of their belongings and children.
- Snacks are available in eateries that are located here.
- Restroom and utilities are available here too.
- Lockers and Storage facilities are present.
- Wearing of shoes/ footwear is allowed.
Monkey Point Opening and Closing Hours
- The place stays open on all days of the week, including weekends and public holidays in the same timeframe.
- The air force base opens up at 9:00 am and closes by 5:00 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kasauli before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kasauli and book an accommodation of your choice.
Monkey Point, Kasauli Reviews - Write a Review
Please bring a valid Photo ID to check-in. Mobile phone, camera, GPS, digital wristwatches are not allowed. Parking facility is there.so you can keep your belongings in your car. If you are not coming with a car please left the banned items back in hotel.
The area is well maintained and under the Air Force, so electronic equipment like mobile is not allowed inside. You should have a valid id proof to visit here. Stairs are there to visit the temple. The view from Temple is breathtaking.
It lies at the top of the cliff so you can see the entire city of chandigarh. There is also a helipad up there. You wont get to see the photograph of it as it lies within the army cantonment area, so the camera/filming is not allowed due to security reasons. It is a good place to visit if you are fit enough to climb & not afraid of heights. Just beware of the monkey menace. Langurs are gentle but the rhesus macaques are twisted & dangerous.
Very beautiful place with breathtaking surrounding views. No words to explain its feel. As the area is totally maintained and controlled by our forces which make the experience more special. Very neat and clean inside. Good ambience with really psychologically mesmerizing aroma all around. Recommended!!! Word of caution : Beware of monkeys especially while hiking for the temple as they will appear all of a sudden to snatch your belongings..... Don't carry any eatable in open.
This is a temple where everyone should go.amazing view. well maintained. You have to buy ticket by showing your identity proof. So keep any id proof with you.nothing is allowed to carry with you except the 'money'. Drinking water and canteen is available inside. Temple is situated at height, Can reach there by walking only. Avoid wearing heels. There are monkeys on the way. they dont do any harm unless you provoke them. Many visitors spread trash here and there on the way.proper dustbins are placed. So use them.