Are you looking for what to do in Kasauli?
PLACES TO SEE
Few of the must see tourist attractions in the city of Kasauli are:
- Manki Point: This one is a revered point, both from religious and security point of view. It is presently guarded by the air force personnel, due to a Hanuman Temple situated here. A good trek will deport you to this point.
- Baptist Church: This church is a classic example of colonial architecture in the city of Kasauli. A 160 year old beauty, graced between chestnut and fir groves, it still has the sunday services. It has a magnificent grey exterior with colorful glass paintings.
- Shri Baba Balak Nath Temple: At a trek of 3 kilometers up the hilltop, it is peaceful here.
- Central Research Institute: This institute is mainly dedicated to Biological Sciences. It offers undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, doctorate level courses. It is basically a R&D institute. The inoculation of the anti-rabies vaccine took place here, so does the anti-snake bite vaccination.
- Gurka Fort: This one is a historical place located in Parwanoo and has a shade of patriotism attached to its history. The fort is encircled with dense forests on all fours and is said to have been constructed to fight the British forces.
- Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir: It is a famous religious spot, constructed in 1989 and is located at a distance of half a kilometer from Garkhal, Kasauli.
- Kuthar Heritage Resort: Located at the heart of Kasauli, it is essentially an old palace with wall paintings.
- The Mall: The Mall in Kasauli is a posh bustling area of the city, which is usually swamped with tourists. You could go for leisurely nature walks on the upper and lower mall streets. Walker’s Paradise is the pivotal destination of the area’s social life.
- Kasauli Brewery: This place prides itself for being the highest distillery in the world and the oldest one in Asia. Located in old Kasauli, this place is a testament to all the British Era shenanigans that Kasauli had to offer.
- Sunrise Point: Formerly known as Hawa Ghar, this place is the ideal spot to view the magnificent sunrise unobstructed. Also, it receives steady air currents throughout the year.
- Kasauli Club: Situated within the Indian Army Cantonment, it is one of the most prestigious clubs in the country. The sight to behold here is the wooden interiors and decorations. Only members are allowed inside the club.
THINGS TO DO
There’s not even an iota of doubt that Kasauli is a silent hill station. Artists, writers, poets, architects, explorers and photographers; all of them visit this place for their dosage of inspiration and peace. It has this irresistible charm which is hard to escape. But there’s still a lot you can do, buy and explore, and quite a few exquisite things to do in this little hill station.
- Shopping: Kasauli is just as famous for its serenity, as for its amazing food and cloth stalls and markets. Here’s a few things you just cannot miss packing:
- Parwanoo Orchards: You’d be swept away from the smells and visual appeals of the apples and peaches in hues of red, pink and orange. You can buy jams, marmalades and jellies from here, in all freshness and taste.
- Daily Needs Store: Kasauli is renowned for its fruits and wines. The entire aura of this town is very fruity and classy in that respect. One must try the apple cider, plum wine, peach wine and apricot wine from here. They are as tarty and buttery as they can get.
- Minchys Fruit Products: This is the best place in town to buy pickles and sauces from. Renowned for their fresh produce of all kinds that can be made from fruits, their pickles are tangy and delicious. One must try the lingdu pickle and dela pickle here.
- The Mall: Since it’s a part of Himachal, it cannot get away without having some good and high quality woollens. You can buy handwoven shawls, scarves, stoles and sweaters from here, in all styles and fashions.
- Pinekonez: This one is a highly revered store, wherein you can buy an array of Himachali jewelry, mugs and other beautiful souvenirs that are designed indigenous to this place.
- Tibetan Market: This is one exotic market that has an extensive range of all kinds of handicrafts, pottery, show pieces and other items that would cost you a bomb in other parts of the country, with a generous reflection of it on the quality. Stemming out from small cottage industries, they are one rare delight.
- Nightlife: The nights in Kasauli are just as fun as they are thrilling. The rich and the not so rich, young and old, all come together to chill and make merry. Some of the must visits are:
- Kasauli Brewery: It is one of the most unique experiences that you’d have here. The place is known for its Scotch Whiskey in Asia. It is also prob
- Kasauli Hangout Bar: This place boasts of being the best hangout place in the whole of Himachal. It’s small in size but gives you all the feels of a posh uptown bar-cum-lounge with foreigners and natives thronging the place alike.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kasauli and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kasauli getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kasauli with confidence.