Laokhowa Wildlife Sanctuary41 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kathalguri, Assam 782124, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Sanctuary , Family And Kids, Nature
Within 70.13 square kilometres of area, the Laokhowa Wildlife Sanctuary on the Brahmaputra Riverbanks is famous for the Indian One Horned Rhinoceros. Apart from Rhino, the sanctuary also acts as a safe abode to mammals like Royal Bengal Tiger, Wild Boar, Leopard Cat, Asian Water Buffalo, Hog Deer, Black Deer, Asian Elephant and Leopard Cat. More than two hundred birds are recorded at Laokhowa Wildlife Sanctuary including the resident and migrants, of which the Bengal Florican is very significant. Along with these, you will also have enough opportunity to sight around nine amphibians and 14 reptiles. The best time to visit the sanctuary is from November to April.
How to Reach Laokhowa Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rented Car/ Taxi
- Laokhowa Wildlife Sanctuary Address: Kathalguri, Assam 782124, India
- Laokhowa Wildlife Sanctuary Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Laokhowa Wildlife Sanctuary: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!