Sink in to the tranquillity of the Himalayas and get going with the crowded and busting roads all at the same time. This Nepali capital will never stop to surprise you with its versatility and this is a must-visit- once-location if you like mountains, temples and people. Gently caressed by the Kathmandu valley, this is one of the most developing tourist destinations of Asia. Be it the ancient, artistic and cultural places to be explored in and around Kathmandu or the sanity of the ample beauty nature has bestowed it with, Kathmandu is one pocket-friendly destination for the traveller in you. Kathmandu tourism welcomes you with all its beauty and poise.
Being the capital of a developing country, Kathmandu serves a hub for all the multifunctional activities and hidden behind its traffic and polluted streets is a Shangri-La, literally a heaven on earth. The alluring Hindu temples with the mesmerizing mixed fragrance of flowers and incense sticks, the bewildering cold winds, the antique palaces and the food that will awaken your taste pallets are enough reasons to plan a trip to Kathmandu this vacation. Want more? Find out here!
Essential travel information and Kathmandu tips for your visit
- Keep a keen eye on your belongings as Kathmandu is famous for pickpockets and thefts. Double check the lock of your hotel room and do not carry lot of valuables when here.
- Keep in touch with the local embassy and have all the contact numbers at hand in case of emergency.
- Take prior vaccinations for diseases like Rabies, tetanus, typhoid and hepatitis. Keep general medicines handy and always prefer carrying your own water bottle and hand sanitizers to keep away from the infections. Ensure the cleanliness of the place where you are eating as food can be contaminated.
- Daily check the newspapers to be updated on the current happening in the city that might hamper the social conditions.
- Always plan your trip yourself as the guides, touts and taxi drivers will pull of their commission while pretending to help and you might get an expensive deal.
- Always pick up the Local map at the airport to keep a track of your voyage.
- Do not eat on roadside eateries and always choose a bigger, cleaner restaurant to eat. Be specific about your taste and avoid the spicy food.
- Do not agree to the amount pitched by the private drivers and guides. It is okay to bargain and negotiate to an amount you fell to be right.
- Do not rely on ATM/credit cards and carry sufficient cash when you are street shopping
- Do not go trekking or hiking with total strangers without registering through a professional trekking institute or company.
Kathmandu Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Kathmandu. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Kathmandu trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Kathmandu
Save 7%Kathmandu Valley Full Day TourNew on TripHobo
Save 7%The Medieval Kathmandu city and Nagarkot tour.New on TripHobo
Save 7%The medieval Kathmandu and beautiful Pokhara city tour.New on TripHobo
Save 4%Peace Tour in Kathmandu city and Lumbini.New on TripHobo
Save 7%Nepal and Bhutan TourNew on TripHobo
Save 4%3 Nights 4 Days TourNew on TripHobo
Where do the Climbers hang out while in Kathmandu? If in fact they do? ThanksAnswer Report Abuse
I am sure you will find many travelers around the Thamel neighborhood as this area is home to plenty of bars, eateries, shops, and spas.Report Abuse