Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu
About Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu
Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu - Address, Phone Number
Address: Pashupatinath Road, Kathmandu, 44600, Nepal
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 20.8K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
An astonishing architectural beauty, the Pashupathinath temple attracts thousands of pilgrims each year and has become well known far beyond the Kathmandu Valley. Pashupatinath temple is located on the banks of Bagmati river on the eastern side of Kathmandu. One of the most important holy places for cremation, you are bound to feel like a part of the final journeys of many people when you visit Pashupatinath.
A holy destination for pilgrims and spirituals, the place sees a lot of visitors not only from India but all across the world. Since it is a temple, there is no Pashupatinath Temple Ticket Price or even Pashupatinath Temple Tickets needed for the entry. It will be polite to take the ‘Puja Thali’ with you, though. You won’t be expected to Buy Tickets for Pashupatinath Temple or carry other things with you, just go with faith and belief and that will be enough for you.
Pashupatinath Temple Information
- Non Hindus are not allowed to enter the temple.
- Beware of locals trying to fleece tourists by offering ‘good deals’ and ‘cheap bargains’.
Pashupatinath Temple Ticket Prices
- Non-Asians have to pay approximately Nepali Rupees 1000 to enter the temple complex.
How To reach Pashupatinath Temple by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Maiju Bahal Bus stop
- Chabahil Bus stop. If going by other modes of transport,take the bus, microbus or tempo ( a three wheeler taxi) which says it is going to Gaushala or Chabahil.
Restaurants Near Pashupatinath Temple
- Bhojan Griha
- Tiffin Home
- Mechi Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kathmandu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kathmandu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu Reviews - Write a Review
Don t miss this place! It is unique! It is so spiritual even for non-believers. There is a crematorium also, especially for people not familiar with these ceremonies it is something! There are people around that start asking you questions of course, and they want to give a tour.. It is not necessary however, it is worth it (-:
It's the greatest Temple for Hindus. This also shows Nepalese architecture in Pagoda style. It's also over of the world heritage site listed by UNESCO.
$10 US to visit. Not even allowed to enter the temple. Don't waste your money. Entry fee way too high.
It's a good place for all the Hindus it's a Shiva temple having faith in most of the Indians and Nepalese Hindus, it's in the heart of Kathmandu a very approachable play every Hindi must visit once so it will be good for Nepal also
Place is awesome, entry fee is a but high for foreigners. There is a way to get in without paying the fee (at least there was one when we went there, we realized to late though).
- Nearby Attractions
- Narayan Chaur
- Bird Conservation Nepal
- Aquarium Shop
- Glance Himalaya Tours Nepal
- Pranamaya Yoga Studio Thamel
- Godavari Alumni Association
- Basantapur Tower
- Climax Adventure - Trekking & Expedition Company
- Bikram Yoga Kathmandu
- Thamel Eco Resort
- Kathmandu Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kathmandu
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kathmandu
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kathmandu
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kathmandu
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kathmandu
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kathmandu