Swayambhunath TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Swayambhu,Kathmandu 44620,Nepal Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 10:00 am Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, View Point
With a view that truly gets you closer to god, the Swayambhunath temple is the perfect place to get in touch with your spiritual self. A steep climb up the hill unveils a breathtaking panorama of Kathmandu, a sight that leaves you speechless with awe.
Known for its monkeys that are also worshipped as the deity, the temple is full of monkey families that are surprisingly accustomed to the nosy curious visitors. Surrounded by a bewildering variety of trees, the Swayambhunath temple is perhaps the prettiest sights in Thamel.
The Swayambhunath complex consists of a stupa and a variety of shrines and temples. A Tibetan monastery, museum and library are more recent additions.
The climb to the temple is about 365 steps and could require a few breathers to complete for the uninitiated. There is also an alternate route that circles around the mountain and can be used if you are not a big fan of stairs.
Emblematic of spirituality and Hindu religion, Swayambhunath temple in Kathmandu Nepal is much revered. Since it is a temple, there are no tickets for Swayambhunath temple. However, if you wish to be enlightened on its significance, you can book tickets for Swayambhunath temple tours with us and get the best deals. Swayambhunath temple ticket prices come along in all ranges. Thus, it is best for you to get your Swayambhunath temple tickets as soon as possible.
Swayambhunath Temple Travel Tips
- The steep climb may not be suitable for the elderly and small children.
- There are shops surrounding the temples that sell local handicrafts and paintings. If you want to shop here, do remember to bargain for a good price.
How to Reach Swayambhunath Temple
- Nearest Bus Stop: Swayambhu Bus stop.
- Swayambhu Cafe
- Tourist Corner restaurant
- Hotel Utse
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kathmandu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kathmandu and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Swayambhunath Temple Address: Swayambhu,Kathmandu 44620,Nepal
- Swayambhunath Temple Timing: 07:00 am - 10:00 am
- Time required to visit Swayambhunath Temple: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
77.51% of people who visit Kathmandu include Swayambhunath Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
88.42% of people start their Swayambhunath Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Swayambhunath Temple
94.02% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Swayambhunath Temple
People normally club together White Gumba and Durbar Square while planning their visit to Swayambhunath Temple.
People also prefer to start their day with Swayambhunath Temple.