How to Reach Katra,
The Easiest Way to Reach Katra
- By Air: To reach Katra, the nearest airport is Jammu airport. This domestic airport is connected to cities like Delhi and Mumbai.
- By Rail: To reach Katra by railways the nearest railway station is the Jammu Tawi station. The station is connected with major cities like Chennai and Mumbai. Shri Shakti Express train is one of the trains to reach Katra from New Delhi.
- By Road: Katra is connected with roadways from Jammu at a distance of 50 Kilometers. Local Buses and Taxi services are available to reach Katra.
- By Taxi: Prepaid taxis are available in Katra to get around the city.
- By Air: Helicopter rides to reach Vaishno Devi Temple are also available. People need to register in advance for helicopter rides.
- By Foot: Tourists can walk to main market or to nearby places.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Katra and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Katra
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Katra. The most preferred mode of transport in Katra is Bike.
Average distance: 12.5 km Average time: 25 min
Bike 50%Bike 25 min Overall average time for 10 kms 25 min
Car 50%Driving 25 min Overall average time for 15 kms 25 min