Baijanath TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Baijanath Temple Group, Baijanath, Uttarakhand,263641, Kausani, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Baijanath remained the center of rule for the Katyuri dynasty who ruled during the period of seventh to eleventh century AD. It was then known as Kartikeyapura and a temple was built on the confluence of River Gomtiand Garur Ganga. According to Hindu mythology, it was the place where Lord Shiva and Parvati were married. The temple complex has idols of Shiva, Parvati, Ganesh, Kuber, Chandika, Surya and Brahma. The idols are all carved out of stone and the idol of Parvati is etched out of a single stone. It is believed that the temple was built in one night by Katyuri kings. There is also a beautiful artificial lake constructed in the temple premises.
Trivia- there is a rock in the temple premises. It is said that nine people can lift the rock using only one finger each! The temple also houses all sizes of bells hanging at the entrance.
Baijanath Temple Travel Tips
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Be careful while climbing the steps.
How to Reach Baijanath Temple
- Buses are available from Kausani to Bageshwar frequently.
- You can hire a Four Wheel Drive till Garur and then another from Garur to Baijanath.
- Taxis are available for hire.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kausani before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kausani and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kausani include Baijanath Temple in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
78.57% of people start their Baijanath Temple visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Baijanath Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Baijanath Temple