Baijanath TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Baijanath Temple Group, Baijanath, Uttarakhand,263641, Kausani, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Baijanath Temple, Kausani
Baijanath remained the center of rule for the Katyuri dynasty who ruled during the period of seventh to eleventh century AD. It was then known as Kartikeyapura and a temple was built on the confluence of River Gomtiand Garur Ganga. According to Hindu mythology, it was the place where Lord Shiva and Parvati were married. The temple complex has idols of Shiva, Parvati, Ganesh, Kuber, Chandika, Surya and Brahma. The idols are all carved out of stone and the idol of Parvati is etched out of a single stone. It is believed that the temple was built in one night by Katyuri kings. There is also a beautiful artificial lake constructed in the temple premises.
Trivia- there is a rock in the temple premises. It is said that nine people can lift the rock using only one finger each! The temple also houses all sizes of bells hanging at the entrance.
Baijanath Temple Information
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Be careful while climbing the steps.
How To reach Baijanath Temple by Public Transport
- Buses are available from Kausani to Bageshwar frequently.
- You can hire a Four Wheel Drive till Garur and then another from Garur to Baijanath.
- Taxis are available for hire.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kausani before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kausani and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Baijanath Temple
95% of people who visit Kausani include Baijanath Temple in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
71.91% of people start their Baijanath Temple visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Baijanath Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Baijanath Temple
Baijanath Temple Map
Baijanath Temple Trips
2 Views9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Kausani, Naini Tal, Almora, RanikhetBy: Akriti OjhaCity: Nainital, Ranikhet, Almora, Kausani
10 Views7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Kausani, Naini Tal, Almora, RanikhetBy: Akriti OjhaCity: Nainital, Ranikhet, Almora, Kausani
Baijanath Temple, Kausani Reviews
All QuestionsBaijanath temple
- St Stephen R C Church
- Holy Redeemer R C Church
- Elim Pentecostal Family Church
- Clydebank Library
- Dalmuir Illuminations
- Methodist Church - Clydebank
- Yoker Railway Station
- A Walking Tour Of Clydebank - Day Tours
- The 543 Club
- Empire Clydebank
- St Joseph's R C Church, Faifley Rd, Clydebank
- Moniques Live Fish Foods Aquarium, Pond & Reptile Supplies
- Titan Crane Clydebank
- Clydebank Station