About Gwaldham, Kausani
Gwaldham, Kausani - Address
Address: Gwaldham, district- Chamoli, Uttarakhand, 246441,India
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.8K times in trip plans
Temple, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Hill, Picnic Spot, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Gwaldham is a small town and another hill station situated at 39.5 Kilometers from Kausani amidst the lush green borders of Garwhal and Kumaon. The place has a historical antiquity of being the battle ground and base camp of military troops of the Kumaoni kings followed by the rule of Katyuri kings. During the 1960s the place became a base for ITBP troops and became the training ground for the SSB army in the 1970s. The valley also has a Budhha Math, a skiing zone and ruins of old temples and forts of the monarchs. This unexplored dale has sights for visiting including
- Buddhist Khamba Temple
- Machhi Tal
- Angora Farm
Spot light : An unclaimed box is situated near the town since the British period and nobody knows what lies within!
- Try to reach by 7.00 AM and capture the panoramic sunrise. Stay till 5.00 PM and enjoy the beautiful sunset.
- Do savor some of the local Kumauni delicacies such as AlookaJhol, Thechwani and others.
How To reach Gwaldham by Public Transport
- Buses from Kausani to Gwaldham are available at Joshimath Bus Stand.
- Taxis are available from Kausani to Gwaldham in the taxi stand.
- Cars are also available on hire from travel agency.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kausani before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kausani and book an accommodation of your choice.