- Address: Gwaldham, district- Chamoli, Uttarakhand, 246441,India, Kausani
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Hill, Picnic Spot, Nature
Gwaldham - Review
Gwaldham is a small town and another hill station situated at 39.5 Kilometers from Kausani amidst the lush green borders of Garwhal and Kumaon. The place has a historical antiquity of being the battle ground and base camp of military troops of the Kumaoni kings followed by the rule of Katyuri kings. During the 1960s the place became a base for ITBP troops and became the training ground for the SSB army in the 1970s. The valley also has a Budhha Math, a skiing zone and ruins of old temples and forts of the monarchs. This unexplored dale has sights for visiting including
- Buddhist Khamba Temple
- Machhi Tal
- Angora Farm
Spot light : An unclaimed box is situated near the town since the British period and nobody knows what lies within!
- Try to reach by 7.00 AM and capture the panoramic sunrise. Stay till 5.00 PM and enjoy the beautiful sunset.
- Do savor some of the local Kumauni delicacies such as AlookaJhol, Thechwani and others.
How To reach Gwaldham by Public Transport
- Buses from Kausani to Gwaldham are available at Joshimath Bus Stand.
- Taxis are available from Kausani to Gwaldham in the taxi stand.
- Cars are also available on hire from travel agency.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kausani before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kausani and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gwaldham
95% of people who visit Kausani include Gwaldham in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
30.68% of people start their Gwaldham visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Gwaldham
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gwaldham
7 Views14 Days 13 Nights14 Day Trip to Lansdowne, Naini Tal, Dehradun, Mussoorie, Kausani from NagpurBy: Guest UserCity: Dehradun, Kausani, Nainital, Lansdowne, Mussoorie