How to Reach Kausani
Flights, buses and cars from major cities like Delhi, Lucknow and Kolkata connect with Kausani on regular basis.
- By Air : The nearest airport is the Pantnagar Airport and if you are taking an international flight you need to land in the cities mentioned above and take a connecting domestic flight. From the airport, taxis are available for Kausani at the taxi stands.
- By Bus : Buses are available from Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT), AnandVihar in Delhi to Haldwani, Kathgodam and Nainital which are the nearest places to Kausani. After reaching these places you need to hire a taxi to reach Kausani.
- By Train : The nearest railway station to Kausani is at Kathgodam which is connected to major railway stations like Lucknow, Delhi and Kolkata. Buses and taxis are available for Kausani from Kathgodam railway station.
- By Car : The highway reaching Kausani is Almora-Bageshwar-Didihat highway. Other National highways also connect from places like Delhi via Kathgodam to Kausani and via Almora to Kausani.
- By Bus : Buses employed by the state authorities for Kausani tourism are available near all the hotels and tourist destinations. Buses for nearby places such as Ramnagar and Joshimath are available at Kausani bus stand at regular intervals.
- By Car : Cars are available at economical prices near all the tourist destinations in the taxi stands. They can also be hired from the local travel agency.
- By Taxi : Taxis are available at fair prices in the taxi stands near all the destinations for moving within Kausani as well as for places near Kausani.
- By walking : All the places in Kausani are within walking distance and are best enjoyed on foot.