Are you looking for what to do in Kausani?
PLACES TO SEE
- Anasakti ashram,kausani : Also known as Gandhi ashram in Kausani, this place was constructed in the recognition of Mahatma Gandhi's brief two weeks' stay. It is here where he practiced the famous Anasakti yoga and wrote about it. It is in 1 kilometer distance from Kausani bus stand and can be reached on foot.
- Rudradhari falls and caves : Rudradhari falls and caves present a sensuous picture of the water falling straight down into the river current. You will find a cave along with a small temple near the waterfall.
- The pant museum : The museum was built in memory of Sumitranandan Pant, one of the famous modern poets of Hindi Literature. This museum showcases the original hand written scripts of Pant and library consisting of works of other distinguished authors of Hindi and English.
- Baijnath temple,kausani : One of the popular temples in Kausani, these temples have Shiva and Parvati as the chief deities. According to Hindu mythology, it is at the convergence of Rivers Gomti and Garur Ganga where Shiva and Parvati got married and the subsequent temple was built here.
- Kausani tea estate : Supervised and maintained by Uttarakhand Tea Development Board, the estate is spread on a 208 hectare land and I bet yourKausani travel information didn’t tell you that this place produces the world famous GiriasUttarakhand tea which is exported to countries like Australia, Germany, Korea and the United States.
THINGS TO DO
- Trekking : Famous trekking places around Kausani hill station are AdiKailash trek, Pindari Glacier trek, Sunder Dhunga trek and Milam Glacier trek to name a few. Every year during the peak season, people from all over the world throng here to enjoy climbing these uphill glaciers. The best time for go on trek in Kausani is post monsoons, post winters and summer.
- Walking tours : Ingress the picturesque beauties of the mountains by taking serene walks leading to places near Kausani and soak in everything that catches your eye because Kausani images have so much to charm you. Lakshmi Ashram, Kausani tea estate and the trekking places are the oft chosen places to go for long idle walks.
- Shopping : The main shopping area in Kausani is the Central Mall Road where the ladies of Lakshmi Ashram and the village women sell handmade kumaoni shawls, handmade jewellery, beautiful spun clothes and the famous Uttarakhand tea at fair prices.
- Tea gardens : Visit the tea gardens and enjoy sipping different flavours of tea grown over there. You can also purchase some fresh and carefully sorted tea from the estate at a good price.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kausani and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kausani getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kausani with confidence.
Here is the list of things to do in Kausani and tourist attractions in city.
Baijanath remained the center of rule for the Katyuri dynasty who ruled during the period of seventh to eleventh century AD. It was then known as Kartikeyapura and a temple was built on the confluence of River Gomtiand Garur Ganga. According to Hindu mythology, it was the place where Lord Shiva and Parvati were married. The temple complex has idols of Shiva, Parvati, Ganesh, Kuber, Chandika, Su...Read more
These serene falls present a breathtaking view of the water gushing down into the river channel downwards. The falls are adorned by the thick green paddy fields and there is a Someshwar temple of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu nearby. You will also find intriguing caves near the waterfall. Pack a picnic basket and have a fun picnic with your loved ones.
Lakshmi ashram was founded by Catherine Mary Heilman, one of the Gandhian reformists and revolutionaries who later on rechristened and became famous as SarlaBehn. This ashram is a shelter home for orphan children and widows. Along with providing the basic education to the children, they are also trained in weaving, handcraft, cultivating vegetables and other such skills to empower them. These r...Read more
Kausani tea estate is situated 5 kilometers away from the hotels and resorts in the hill station and is a must visit for all the nature lovers. The serenity of the gardens in the backdrop of the mountains enhances the experience. A tea factory is set up in the garden and the officials give a free guided tour to their visitors. A brewery is situated within the estate premises. They sell some of ...Read more
Gwaldham is a small town and another hill station situated at 39.5 Kilometers from Kausani amidst the lush green borders of Garwhal and Kumaon. The place has a historical antiquity of being the battle ground and base camp of military troops of the Kumaoni kings followed by the rule of Katyuri kings. During the 1960s the place became a base for ITBP troops and became the training ground for the ...Read more
Anasakti ashram has its history dating back to Mahatma Gandhi’s stay of two weeks where he exercised and wrote a treatise on Anasakti yoga. The place is dedicated in his memory and is conjoined with a study and a research center which exhibits the life story of Gandhi, his discourses to the people and the period of India’s struggle for freedom through photographs. Accommodation is o...Read more
Dr. Sumitranandan Pant Museum is situated 650 meters away from Kausani and is the birth place of the famous Hindi poet Sumitranandan Pant. He was an avid nature lover and many of his poems are written in praise of the magnanimous beauty of Kausani. The museum showcases all the works of the poet in hand written form. It also has a library with books of Pant as well as of other writers in Hindi a...Read more
Pratiksha Himalayan Retreat
Sun N Snow Inn, Kausani
Near Ana Shakti Ashram, Bageshwar, Kausani, Uttarakhand 263639, India
Kmvn Tourist Rest House, Kausani
Kausani, Uttarakhand 263620, India
Himalaya Darshan Resort
Kausani, Uttarakhand 263639, India
Kausani Almora Road
Hotel Kausani Retreat
near UCO Bank, Kausani, Uttarakhand 263639, India