Are you looking for what to do in Kausani?
PLACES TO SEE
- Anasakti ashram,kausani : Also known as Gandhi ashram in Kausani, this place was constructed in the recognition of Mahatma Gandhi's brief two weeks' stay. It is here where he practiced the famous Anasakti yoga and wrote about it. It is in 1 kilometer distance from Kausani bus stand and can be reached on foot.
- Rudradhari falls and caves : Rudradhari falls and caves present a sensuous picture of the water falling straight down into the river current. You will find a cave along with a small temple near the waterfall.
- The pant museum : The museum was built in memory of Sumitranandan Pant, one of the famous modern poets of Hindi Literature. This museum showcases the original hand written scripts of Pant and library consisting of works of other distinguished authors of Hindi and English.
- Baijnath temple,kausani : One of the popular temples in Kausani, these temples have Shiva and Parvati as the chief deities. According to Hindu mythology, it is at the convergence of Rivers Gomti and Garur Ganga where Shiva and Parvati got married and the subsequent temple was built here.
- Kausani tea estate : Supervised and maintained by Uttarakhand Tea Development Board, the estate is spread on a 208 hectare land and I bet yourKausani travel information didn’t tell you that this place produces the world famous GiriasUttarakhand tea which is exported to countries like Australia, Germany, Korea and the United States.
THINGS TO DO
- Trekking : Famous trekking places around Kausani hill station are AdiKailash trek, Pindari Glacier trek, Sunder Dhunga trek and Milam Glacier trek to name a few. Every year during the peak season, people from all over the world throng here to enjoy climbing these uphill glaciers. The best time for go on trek in Kausani is post monsoons, post winters and summer.
- Walking tours : Ingress the picturesque beauties of the mountains by taking serene walks leading to places near Kausani and soak in everything that catches your eye because Kausani images have so much to charm you. Lakshmi Ashram, Kausani tea estate and the trekking places are the oft chosen places to go for long idle walks.
- Shopping : The main shopping area in Kausani is the Central Mall Road where the ladies of Lakshmi Ashram and the village women sell handmade kumaoni shawls, handmade jewellery, beautiful spun clothes and the famous Uttarakhand tea at fair prices.
- Tea gardens : Visit the tea gardens and enjoy sipping different flavours of tea grown over there. You can also purchase some fresh and carefully sorted tea from the estate at a good price.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kausani and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kausani getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kausani with confidence.