Bhairav Nath Temple90 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kedarnath, Uttarakhand 246445, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Kedarnath is a pilgrim city in the lap of the Himaylayas and the Bhairav Nath Temple overlooking the Mandakini River is among the revered Hindu worship places. While visiting the Kedarnath Temple, you will need to trek about one kilometre to reach this small temple dedicated to the formidable incarnation of Lord Shiva –Bhairavnath or Kshetrapal. The locals consider this deity as the “Protector of the area” especially during the winter months when the temple remains closed. The shrine is adorned with vermillion, red flags, trishuls (Shiva’s weapon) and numerous stone plaques with carved figures of the deities. You can take a round or pradakkhina of the shrine rock at Bhairav Nath Temple and enjoy the magical view of the Kedar valley and the surrounding mountains.
How to Reach Bhairav Nath Temple
- Cover on foot
- Bhairav Nath Temple Address: Kedarnath, Uttarakhand 246445, India
- Bhairav Nath Temple Timing: 24-hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!