Kelowna (/kəˈloʊnə/) is a city on Okanagan Lake in the Okanagan Valley, in the southern interior of British Columbia, Canada. It serves as the head office of the Regional District of Central Okanagan. Its name derives from an Okanagan language term for "grizzly bear". Kelowna is the third largest metropolitan area in the province and ranks as the 22nd largest in Canada, with a population of 179,839 in 2011. Nearby communities include the City of West Kelowna (also referred to as Westbank, Westside) to the west across Okanagan Lake, Lake Country and Vernon to the north, as well as Peachland to the southwest and, further to the south, Summerland and Penticton.Wikipedia
in awaits visitors! Discover the attractions, activities and accommodation in . Most online packages to this city are of 1-2 days.
Essential travel information and Kelowna tips for your visit
- Do visit Kelowna Visitor Info Center for detailed information about the attractions and events in the City. Also, the staff will help you out with maps or if you are having any trouble with the directions in the City.
- Do carry sunscreen and first aid kit – might come in handy while you are on the go.
- Carry a good pair shoes for the hike and biking, swim wear for the beach sports and other gear you might require based on the season you are planning to visit Kelowna.
- Smoking in public places is prohibited.
- It is not mandatory but is considered polite if you tip the staff of any restaurant, bar or spa. Tips are not part of your bill and you can tip the staff based on your experience and how satisfied you are with the service provided.
- U.S. citizens need to have a valid U.S. passport and for other International visitors – a valid passport and the required travel visa.
Kelowna Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Kelowna. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Kelowna trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Kelowna
Save 1%Okanagan Craft Distillery and Brewery Bike Tour
4 Hrs 30 Mins1 Reviews
Kelowna Zip Line AdventureNew on TripHobo
Save 4%East Kelowna Wine Tour - 4 Hour PRIVATENew on TripHobo
Save 5%Myra Canyon Hike PLUS East Kelowna Wine TourNew on TripHobo
Save 6%4 Guest 3 Hour Private Luxury Pontoon Boat Cruise with Captain! $125 Per Person!New on TripHobo
Save 5%Private Pontoon Boat Cruise with Wine Tasting and Lunch at a Vineyard $109/ppNew on TripHobo