How to Reach Key West - The Easiest Way to Reach Key West
- The easiest way to get to Key West is by air; land directly at the Key West International Airport via either Miami or Atlanta. The fares tend to be quite high, so if you’re on a budget flying is probably not a feasible option.
- Another popular way of getting to Key West is from Miami. There are busses that depart early in the morning from Miami Beach and stop at Key West. There are various other bus services that run between Miami and Key West as well, so do your research before zeroing down on one.
- Amtrak runs as far the Fort Lauderdale Station, from where you’ll have to transfer to a shuttle service, taking you into the city.
- As exciting as it might seem, driving around Key West is not recommended. Parking is expensive and none of the car rentals are located near the airport or stations. You’ll have to catch a shuttle to Truman Avenue.
- Key West has well-connected bus routes with colour coded lines. You could buy a seven day pass with unlimited rides or a monthly pass depending on the duration of your stay at Key West.
- If at all you’re keen to see Key West on a rented vehicle, you could always rent a scooter or a bicycle. Since you could park them right in front of where you want to stop, the issuing of looking for parking space is moot.
- Taxi’s too are a popular form of public transport but they could prove to be expensive, although it’s the most convenient way of getting from point A to point B.
Are you looking for a Key West travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Key West
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Key West. The most preferred mode of transport in Key West is Car.
Average distance: 38.62 km Average time: 40 min
Car 100%Driving 40 min Overall average time for 38.62 kms 40 min
How to Reach Key West from Nearby Cities
|Naples to Key West||25.25 km||25 mins|
|Big Pine Key to Key West||47.34 km||1 hour 8 mins|
|Florida City to Key West||145.36 km||2 hours 25 mins|
|Key Largo to Key West||160.64 km||2 hours 30 mins|
|Hialeah Gardens to Key West||163.32 km||2 hours 43 mins|
|South Miami to Key West||166.68 km||2 hours 46 mins|
|Miami Gardens to Key West||172.2 km||2 hours 52 mins|
|Homestead to Key West||205.34 km||4 hours 44 mins|
|Hialeah to Key West||214.17 km||1 hour 49 mins|
|Miami to Key West||217.48 km||1 hour 39 mins|
- How to reach Stock Island
- How to reach Marathon
- How to reach Duck Key
- How to reach Key Largo
- How to reach Naples
- How to reach San Carlos Park
- How to reach Sanibel
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Miromar Lakes
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco
- How to reach Seattle