Are you looking for what to do in Key West?
THINGS TO SEE
- Audubon House & Tropical Gardens: World famous ornithologist, John James Audubon loved to stop over at Key West during his tour in Florida. One estate he always stopped at was the Audubon House; the house was eventually named after him. Another nugget of fact- the full-fledged preservation process of the Audubon house paved the way for a lot of other heritage preservations in and around Key West.
- Ernest Hemingway House & Museum: The life and works of Ernest Hemmingway are no strangers to the public eye. Did you know that Key West and Hemmingway share a deep connection? He has a house here and has written almost 70% of his work here. Post his demise, the property has been turned into a museum; if you’re a literature buff, you don’t need to be told that a visit here is sure to excite you!
- Mallory Square & Pier: Any seaside town is bound to have a pier and that pier is one of the best places you can get a feel of the city. Free shows, abundant eateries, and entertainment for everybody, you’ll see all kinds of people frequenting the pier and coming together to enjoy the lifeline of the city.
- Harry S Truman Little White House: The Little White House as it’s otherwise called is only presidential museum of Florida. Apart from President Truman, Presidents Kennedy, Carter and Clinton too used this house as their winter retreat. Apart from the picturesque property, the house still contains all of Truman’s original furnishing and belongings.
- Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park: One of the many National Historic Landmarks of the state, Fort Zachary was built during the Civil War and has been used during the American-Spanish war and as a Yankee hub for docking the boats. Opt for the 30-min guided tour to get a better idea of the Fort.
Below we have a list of things to do in Key West and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Key West getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Key West with confidence.