Named after the keystone, Masonic symbol, the town of Keystone is located in the state of South Dakota amidst the beckoning black hills. The quaint town which is all green is the right place for people who love to escape from the constant buzz and the commotion of the city. Keep your electronic gadgets for a while, cleanse yourself and breathe in some fresh air amidst the beauty of the wonderful nature. With a couple of attractions to see, shopping centers, and restaurants, Keystone will provide a perfect escapade from the city life while keeping you interested.
Witness the historically popular granite sculptures of the heads of the U.S. Presidents of Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson, sculpted in the Mount Rushmore of the Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Hike along the fascinating President trail that is little on the tougher side. Keystone also has its own version of Madame Tussauds in the form of National Presidential Wax Museum that carries the wax figures of the famous U.S. Presidents and the detailing of the structures is something to wonder about. When you are bored of your hotel room, head to the gorgeous Horse Thief Lake for camping amidst the natural greenery overlooking the pristine lake.
Essential travel information and Keystone tips for your visit
- Time Zone - Mountain Standard Time (MST). UTC/GMT -7hours.
- Currency - Currency used in Keystone is US Dollars (USD).
- Electricity - The standard electrical voltage in Keystone is 120 Volts and 60 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type A and B. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet - There aren't any free Wi-Fi zones inside the town. But all the major hotels in Keystone offer free Wi-Fi.
- Languages - American English is the most widely spoken language in Keystone. Apart from English, Spanish and French are some of the other languages spoken in Keystone.
- Security - General Emergency: 911, Ambulance: 605-666-5033.
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in Keystone. It is advisable to tip around 15-20% of the bill.
- Customs - Be on time, because the Americans are very serious about punctuality. And be wary of your surroundings. Cleanliness and hygiene are much expected.
- Be sure to look after your belongings. Especially, when you are walking alone in the nights.
Keystone Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Keystone. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Keystone trip planner.