Visit Keystone - Best of Keystone
Named after the keystone, Masonic symbol, the town of Keystone is located in the state of South Dakota amidst the beckoning black hills. The quaint town which is all green is the right place for people who love to escape from the constant buzz and the commotion of the city. Keep your electronic gadgets for a while, cleanse yourself and breathe in some fresh air amidst the beauty of the wonderful nature. With a couple of attractions to see, shopping centers, and restaurants, Keystone will provide a perfect escapade from the city life while keeping you interested.
Witness the historically popular granite sculptures of the heads of the U.S. Presidents of Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson, sculpted in the Mount Rushmore of the Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Hike along the fascinating President trail that is little on the tougher side. Keystone also has its own version of Madame Tussauds in the form of National Presidential Wax Museum that carries the wax figures of the famous U.S. Presidents and the detailing of the structures is something to wonder about. When you are bored of your hotel room, head to the gorgeous Horse Thief Lake for camping amidst the natural greenery overlooking the pristine lake.
Keystone Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Keystone tips for your visit
- Time Zone - Mountain Standard Time (MST). UTC/GMT -7hours.
- Currency - Currency used in Keystone is US Dollars (USD).
- Electricity - The standard electrical voltage in Keystone is 120 Volts and 60 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type A and B. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet - There aren't any free Wi-Fi zones inside the town. But all the major hotels in Keystone offer free Wi-Fi.
- Languages - American English is the most widely spoken language in Keystone. Apart from English, Spanish and French are some of the other languages spoken in Keystone.
- Security - General Emergency: 911, Ambulance: 605-666-5033.
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in Keystone. It is advisable to tip around 15-20% of the bill.
- Customs - Be on time, because the Americans are very serious about punctuality. And be wary of your surroundings. Cleanliness and hygiene are much expected.
- Be sure to look after your belongings. Especially, when you are walking alone in the nights.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Keystone and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Keystone- Know before you go to Keystone
Facts and Stats for Keystone*
Pollution Statistics in Keystone
Know the pollution level of Keystone before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 5 (Very Low)
Water Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 68.75 (High)
Unattended dirt and garbage 37.5 (Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 25 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 6.25 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 6.25 (Very Low)
Keystone: Crime and Safety
How safe is Keystone for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Keystone.
Burglary and Theft 68.75 (High)
Mugging and Robbery 34.38 (Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 46.88 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 32.14 (Low)
Car Stealing 34.38 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 71.88 (High)
Attacks 53.13 (Moderate)
Drug offense 56.25 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 81.25 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 37.5 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 59.38 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 25 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 75 (High)
Living in Keystone - Quality of Life
Safety Index 46.43 (Moderate)
Climate Index 68.1 (High)
Pollution Index 20.95 (Low)
Traffic Commute Time Index 11 (Very Low)
Health Care Index 25 (Low)
Property Price to Income Ratio 3.65 (Very Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Keystone
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Keystone
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.1 USD
International Movie per seat 12 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 38.33 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 90 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 53 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Keystone Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Keystone
- Cities Near Keystone
- Custer Tourism
- Rapid City Tourism
- Deadwood Tourism
- Edgemont Tourism
- Chadron Tourism
- Devils Tower Tourism
- Terraville Tourism
- Trojan Tourism
- Hermosa Tourism
- Top cities from United States
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Cleveland Tourism
- Bay Lake Tourism
- Oakland Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Barcelona Tourism
- Gotha Tourism
- Dreieich Tourism
- Hamilton Tourism