Horse Thief Lake
- Address: Mount Rushmore UT, SD 57006, 57745, Keystone, United States
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Water Body, Family And Kids, Lake, Nature, Landmarks, Natural, Lakes
About Horse Thief Lake, Keystone
Located in close proximity to Mount Rushmore, Horse Thief Lake is a beautiful lake set amidst the best of Nature and is an amazing spot for camping and to go hiking. Owing its name to a gang of horse thieves who operated back in the place, Horse Thief Lake is a refreshing place to visit in Keystone that will help you get off your stress. Go boating in the picturesque lake for a totally romantic experience and try a sunset while in the lake. Scan the Horse Thief Lake trail of 3.5 miles that comes with scenic views & landscapes. When it's dark, set up camp under the stars and sleep to the lullaby of the night.
Horse Thief Lake Information
- The timings might change so check with the management before visiting.
Horse Thief Lake Ticket Prices
- Utility campsite: $21.00
- Standard Camping: $15.00
- Primitive campsite: $10.00
- For info on other ticket costs, contact the management.
Horse Thief Lake Opening and Closing Hours
- Quiet Hours: 10 pm - 6.30 am
How To reach Horse Thief Lake by Public Transport
- Rent a car or hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Keystone before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Keystone and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Horse Thief Lake
44.31% of people who visit Keystone include Horse Thief Lake in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
57.75% of people start their Horse Thief Lake visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see Horse Thief Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Horse Thief Lake
People normally club together Borglum Story and Mount Rushmore National Memorial & Presidential Trail while planning their visit to Horse Thief Lake.
Horse Thief Lake Map
Horse Thief Lake Trips
Horse Thief Lake, Keystone Reviews
All QuestionsHorse thief lake
Find places near Horse Thief Lake, Keystone
Carvers Cafe 13000 SD Highway 2442.831 km away
Anchorage Bed & Breakfast 24110 Leaky Valley Rd2.007 km away
- Zaleski State Forest
- Zaleski Methodist Church Mound
- Masonic Lodge #472
- St Sylvester Catholic Church
- Hope Furnace
- Herberts Farm Airport
- Salem Parks & Recreation
- Southside Baptist Church
- Vinton Baptist Church
- Tabernacle Baptist Church
- The Rock Benches
- Central United Methods After Ministry
- Living Well Nazarene Church
- Dorsey, Jeffrey L