Adinath Temple, Khajuraho
About Adinath Temple, Khajuraho
Adinath Temple, Khajuraho - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Rajnagar Road, Sevagram, Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
Ticket Price: 250 INR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.5K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Adinath Temple is a part of the Eastern Group of Khajuraho temples. It was built by the rulers of the Chandela Dynasty during the 11th century. Khajuraho was the capital of the Chandelas. These temples are the remaining examples of the Indo-Aryan style of architecture that was popular during the rule of the Chandelas. These temples dedicated to Hindu and Jain gods are mainly popular for the beautiful statues of couples in their private moments.
The main theme of the temples here is celebrating the various moods of a woman. Every temple is divided into three parts, the primary entrance, the main hall and the innermost chamber. According to geographical architecture these have three different sides, western, eastern, and southern.
The Adinath Temple is beautifully designed with gorgeous sculptures. It is dedicated to the Jain saint Adinath. The walls of this temple are decorated with the sculptures of the court musicians. Though the temple is nothing compared to its original appearance but all the renovation works have paved the way for a glorious ruin at least. Only the innermost hall and the porch have survived the attacks of time. The renovated temple has an arched lime stone entrance and sanctum. The construction is in the form of a ‘saptaratha’ and one single pillar which makes it more beautiful.
Adinath Temple Information
- The best time to visit is from October to March and avoid the extreme summers and then the monsoons.
- Photography is freely allowed inside.
- The annual dance shows are held during the last week of February every year.
Adinath Temple Ticket Prices
- Citizens of India - Rs. 10/- per head.
- Others: US $ 5 or Indian Rs. 250/- per head.
How To reach Adinath Temple by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Town Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Mahoba Junction.
Restaurants Near Adinath Temple
- Swiss Restaurant
- Spice Garden Restaurant
- Zaffron 1838
- New Punjab
- Safari Restaurant
- Italian Restaurant
- Pramod Restaurant
- Ganesh Restaurant
- Aggarwal Restaurant
- Great Temple Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Khajuraho before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Khajuraho and book an accommodation of your choice.
Adinath Temple, Khajuraho Reviews - Write a Review
This ancient temple doesn't require entry ticket
Beautifully Carved temple. Small but Second largest in Eastern group.
Jain Temple with Hindu deities on exterior walls.
- Nearby Attractions
- Javari Temple
- Radisson Hotel Khajuraho
- Hotel Zen
- Archaeological Museum Khajuraho
- Khajuraho Airport
- State Museum Of Tribal And Folk Art
- Beejamandal Temple
- Shantinath Temple
- Shiva Temple
- Khajuraho Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Khajuraho
- What to See in 48 Hours in Khajuraho
- What to See in 72 Hours in Khajuraho
- How to Spend 5 Days in Khajuraho
- How to Spend 6 Days in Khajuraho
- How to Spend 7 Days in Khajuraho