Brahma TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Rajnagar Road, Sevagram, Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Brahma Temple - Review
The Brahma Temple is a part of the Eastern Group of monuments of Khajuraho. It is one of the first three temples built along the banks of the Khajur River. This was also built during the 11th century and in the era of the Chandelas along with the other temples.
This temple is a small structure built on a perfect square area. It does not have any mandapas. It only comprises of a sanctum. It does not even have a shikhara like the other temples of the same group. Rather it has a pyramidal roof with lovely designs and motifs. There are stone lattice windows but all of these things have been destroyed by time and nature’s forces. The renovation work is still being carried on to renovate the former glory till some extent. The pyramidal upper portion has some exclusive sculptures and carvings of five incarnations of Lord Shiva and the example of the power of the God of universe.
Brahma Temple Information
- The best time to visit is from October to March and avoid the extreme summers and then the monsoons.
- Photography is freely allowed inside.
- The annual dance shows are held during the last week of February every year.
How To reach Brahma Temple by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Town Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Mahoba Junction.
Restaurants Near Brahma Temple
- Swiss Restaurant
- Spice Garden Restaurant
- Zaffron 1838
- New Punjab
- Safari Restaurant
- Italian Restaurant
- Pramod Restaurant
- Ganesh Restaurant
- Aggarwal Restaurant
- Great Temple Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Khajuraho before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Khajuraho and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Brahma Temple
95% of people who visit Khajuraho include Brahma Temple in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
51.17% of people start their Brahma Temple visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Brahma Temple
91.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Brahma Temple
Brahma Temple Map
Brahma Temple Trips
2 Views11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Jaipur, Jodhpur, Ajmer, Udaipur froBy: Guest UserCity: Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur
Brahma Temple, Khajuraho Reviews
It is a non descript temple just in the road. But you will find some drawings etched out on the floor here which are very uNique. Also, the four faces on the shivaling here are very expressive.
Brahma temple is located in the Eastern group of temples banks of Khajur Sagar or Ninora talk Khajuraho.An architectural Marvels built in AD 900.It is renowned for being one of the oldest structures in this temple. this temple dedicated to Lord Brahma.but actually dedicated to Lord Vishnu Though there is holy Linga (symbol of Lord Shiva) enshrined in the Sanctum.. Excellent and small temple the temple houses images of Brahma and Lord Vishnu.Must visit with family and friends.
Good place to visit with your other half
Small temple. As we know, there only one Brahma Temple in the world at Pushkar. As Local guide told, these one named as a Brahma Temple. But, originally there 3 heads of Lord Brahma, Vishnu, Maheswar.
B'full architecture... worth to visit....
All QuestionsBrahma temple
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa