Events and Festivals in Khajuraho
- Makar Sankranti: Makarsankranti is the time to forget old feuds and reconnect with forgotten friends. Sweets are shared and flying kites is a favourite way to celebrate the winter spirit.
- Khajuraho festival of Dances: Winter fades and the naughty spring invades the area when all the population in Khajuraho waits eagerly for the festival of dances to fill the atmosphere with strong energy and colours.
- Madai festival: Nights of merrymaking, exchanges and barter, sacrifices and returns, Madai festival is the most important festival in the calendar of the Gond tribe.
- Bhagoriya festival: A marriage fair where a girl and guy elope after setting eyes on someone they admire. Bhagordev, the lord of dance is worshipped on this occasion.
- Holi: Holi signifies the triumph of positivity over negativity. It is celebrated by burning symbolic piers and cooking elaborate meals.
- Rangpanchami: The Maratha Holkars brought many maharashtrian traditions with them to Madhya Pradesh and Rang Panchami was one of them. It is celebrated on the fifth day after Holi.
- Karma: Karma is a religious festival of the Korba tribe of Madhya Pradesh. A day of fasting ends with a feast, lot of dancing and bonfire.
- Navaratri: Nine days of Dandiya raas, days of merriment, dances and energy, this symbolizes the divine energy of the goddess. Navaratri is a favourite festival of all the youth who come out dressed up, geared to shake a leg.
- Diwali: November is the time for the most awaited festival in India that is Diwali. It is celebrated in a traditional way in Khajuraho with a lot of foreigners joining in the festivities.
- Christmas: Due to the enormous number of tourists, a lot of outsiders have settled in Khajuraho. Many of them celebrate the global festival of Christmas.
- New Year’s Eve: What better place to celebrate the future than a place that symbolizes the past?
Trip plans for Khajuraho
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Khajuraho
531 Views2 Days 1 NightBest Place to visit Temples in India, Khajuraho in 2 Days
467 Views3 Days 2 Nights3 Days in Khajuraho, The Place of Indian mythology
Khajuraho Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Khajuraho
Private Walking Tour of Kamasutra Temple in KhajurahoNew on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Enjoy the services of your local city expert to explore Khajuraho Kamasutra Temples your way on a private 4-hour walking tou...Book Now
Private Tour: 2-Day Temples of Khajuraho with ASI Museum and Light and Sound ShowNew on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Days
Let's flee to Khajuraho, a religious haven that will send shivers down your spine with its very aphrodisiac appeal. One of th...Book Now
Half-Day Khajuraho Temples TourNew on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
As one of the most popular attractions in North India, the city of Khajuraho deserves the name of 'Symbol of Medieval Heritag...Book Now
Panna Diamond Mining tour with Lunch at Braharpati KundNew on TripHobo
Duration: 10 Hrs
Enjoy visiting the biggest center of diamond mining in India, Panna. Witness the ores being crushed, screened, jiggled and di...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Satna
- Events & Festivals in Orachha
- Events & Festivals in Rewa
- Events & Festivals in Sagar
- Events & Festivals in Chanderi
- Events & Festivals in Bandhavgarh National Park
- Events & Festivals in Jabalpur
- Events & Festivals in Gwalior
- Events & Festivals in Shivpuri
- Events & Festivals in Agra
- Events & Festivals in Leh
- Events & Festivals in Mumbai
- Events & Festivals in Delhi
- Events & Festivals in Amritsar
- Events & Festivals in Chennai