Ghantai Temple Tours
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Added 1.9K times in trip plans
About Ghantai Temple, Khajuraho
The Ghantai temple is one of the temples in the eastern group of Khajuraho Monuments. It is a depiction of one of the 16 dreams of Mahavira’s mother. It was known that Mahavira was the last teerthankara who walked on the earth. This temple was also built by rulers of the Chandela dynasty during the 11th century. Presently it is just a piece of ruin. But it can be clearly seen that this is of the same design as the Parshwanath Temple but almost double its dimensions.
The name ‘Ghantai’ is derived from the many motifs of bells carved on the narrow pillars of this temple. What remains now are the remains of the grand entrance and the main temple hall or the mahamandapa. Both of these are supported by four pillars each followed later by an ornate ceiling. The entrance has beautiful designs of oblong patterns. This temple was the simplest amongst all and was the most modestly built. The door wall has a carving of an eight armed figure of Yakshi Charesvari sitting on a Garuda.
The architecture that preside the doorway is of the 16 different symbols that were seen in the dreams of Mahavira’s mother. This temple is surrounded by other Jain temples of Parshwanath, Adinath and Shantinath.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Khajuraho before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Khajuraho and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ghantai Temple Information
- Do not miss out on the light and sound show. The voice over has been done by the famous Amitabh Bachhan in his deep voice. This transfers you to the ancient Chandela Era and is very educational also.
- The best time to visit is from October to March and avoid the extreme summers and then the monsoons.
- Photography is freely allowed inside.
- The annual dance shows are held during the last week of February every year.
Ghantai Temple Tickets Prices
Ticket prices of the light & sound show are-
- Rs. 75 for adults and Rs. 25 for children (Indians)
- Rs. 300 for adults and Rs. 150 for children (Foreigners)
Ghantai Temple Opening and Closing Hours
Light & Sound show timings are-
- English- 6:00PM
- Hindi- 7:40 PM
How To Get To Ghantai Temple by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Town Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Mahoba Junction.
Restaurants Near Ghantai Temple
- Swiss Restaurant, Spice Garden Restaurant, Zaffron 1838, New Punjab, Safari Restaurant, Rakas, Italian Restaurant, Pramod Restaurant, Ganesh Restaurant, Aggarwal Restaurant, OKO, 24*7, Great Temple Restaurant, Panna.
Book Ghantai Temple Tickets And Tours
Explore the gems of Khajuraho with the best Khajuraho tours! Check out the list of top Ghantai Temple tickets and tours today!
3-Day Private Khajuraho Festival TourDuration: 3 days
Khajuraho Festival would definitely be the place of interest for those who are passionate about dancing or love dance performances. The thrilling and exciting Khajuraho festival is scheduled to be held in the month of February. The festival is celebrFromUSD 100 USD 93.1 Per Person View Deal
Evening Excursion: Western Group Of Temples Including Light ...Duration: 3 hours
Experience the grandeur and splendor of Chandela king's story, learn about the 10th Century to the present day during the 50-minute show in English, view exclusive temples, and attend the light and sound show at the famous Western Group of temples coFrom USD 34.76 Per Person View Deal
Private Tour: Orchha Day Trip From KhajurahoDuration: 9 hours
Orchha is a small village set amongst the hills. It is a wonderful valley formed by crystal-clear waters of Betwa River that flows beautifully along its banks. Here, you will see many pristine and charming historical monuments, from which you'll learFrom USD 59.58 Per Person View Deal
Private Tour: 2-Day Temples Of Khajuraho With ASI Museum And...Duration: 2 days
Let's flee to Khajuraho, a religious haven that will send shivers down your spine with its very aphrodisiac appeal. One of the biggest attractions in North India, the city of Khajuraho is rightly termed as a 'Symbol of Medieval Heritage'. The city enFrom USD 95.58 Per Person View Deal
Private Transfer: Khajuraho Airport (HJR) To Khajuraho Hotel...Duration: 20 minutes
Travel worry-free from Khajuraho Airport to your hotel across the Amritsar city. Avoid the hassle of waiting in long taxi lines at the airport and arrive safely to your hotel with our private Car.From USD 8.69 Per Person View Deal
Private Transfer: Khajuraho Hotels To Khajuraho Airport (HJR...Duration: 20 minutes
Make sure you don't miss your flight by booking private departure transfer from your Khajuraho hotels to the Khajuraho Airport. You will be greeted by English-speaking driver at your hotel and transferred on a private air-conditioned vehicle directlyFrom USD 8.69 Per Person View Deal
Private Walking Tour Of Kamasutra Temple In KhajurahoDuration: 4 hours
Enjoy the services of your local city expert to explore Khajuraho Kamasutra Temples your way on a private 4-hour walking tour. Your personal guide will assist you to plan your day in Khajuraho to suit your interests.From USD 44.69 Per Person View Deal
Private Tour Of Kamasutra Temples In Khajuraho1 ReviewsDuration: 8 hours
Enjoy the services of your local expert guide to explore the Khajuraho Kamasutra Temples on a private 8 hour Tour. Your personal guide will assist you to plan your day in Khajuraho to suit your interests. Private Chauffeur, air conditioned car, fuel,From USD 28.8 Per Person View Deal
Private 5-Hour Safari From Khajuraho To Raneh Falls CanyonDuration: 5 hours
Ride in an open air safari Jeep to Raneh Falls canyon. Explore the majestic waterfalls at Raneh Falls canyon with a guide. Enjoy a private driver that ensures your given personal attention on this 5-hour tour.From USD 53.62 Per Person View Deal
Half-Day Khajuraho Temples TourDuration: 4 hours
As one of the most popular attractions in North India, the city of Khajuraho deserves the name of 'Symbol of Medieval Heritage'. It encases the largest group of medieval Hindu and Jain temples, famous for their erotic sculptures that present distinctFrom USD 23.59 Per Person View Deal
Private Full-Day Khajuraho Temples And Handicrafts TourDuration: 11 hours
Khajuraho is known for its temples featuring sculptures and artwork depicting eroticism as well asÂ their stunning architecture built between the 9th and 12th centuries during the Chandela Dynasty. On this full-day tour, you will spend half the dayFromUSD 48 USD 44.69 Per Person View Deal
Share your experience - Rate Ghantai Temple, Khajuraho
this is totally different architecture compared with other temples. This is only a small remain of a big temple. Other parts are missing.
Quite and small village area surrounding
- Other Attractions
- Sharjah Aquarium
- Al Majaz Waterfront
- Al Qasba
- Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
- Arabia's Wildlife Centre
- Central Souq
- Blue Souq
- Sharjah Maritime Museum
- Al Noor Mosque
- Sharjah Classic Car Museum
- Other Attractions Hotels
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Sharjah Aquarium
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Al Majaz Waterfront
- Hotels Near Al Qasba
- 5 Star Hotels Near Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
- 5 Star Hotels Near Arabia's Wildlife Centre
- Cheap Hotels Near Central Souq
- Hotels Near Blue Souq
- Cheap Hotels Near Sharjah Maritime Museum
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Al Noor Mosque
- Cheap Hotels Near Sharjah Classic Car Museum
- City Tripplans
- Khajuraho Itinerary 2 Days
- Khajuraho Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Khajuraho from Khajuraho
- Khajuraho Itinerary 6 Days
- Khajuraho Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Khajuraho from Khajuraho
- Khajuraho Itinerary 1 Day
- Khajuraho Itinerary 5 Days
- Khajuraho Itinerary 3 Days
- Trip to Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Delhi, Amritsar, Dharamshala, Khajuraho, Varanasi, Alleppey