Parshwanath Temple Tours
About Parshwanath Temple, Khajuraho
Khajuraho is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the country that is famous for its temples and fantastic architectures. The Parshwanath temple is a Jain Temple built by the then Chandela Ruler Dhanga during the early 10th century. This temple falls in the category of Alankrit temples and is a symbol of the king’s devotion and love. It is dedicated to Teerthankar.
This part of the temple group is famous for its perfect vastu maintained constructions. This is the perfect example of the expert talent of the craftsmen of that era. This temple is said to be the largest and the most beautiful of all the Jain Temples of Khajuraho. In spite of its simple design it attracts numerous visitors to it all over the year. It is completely different from all the other temples in the group.
This temple does not have any windows. It is known that in earlier times a majestic statue of Shri Adinath ji was established in this temple but in present time you will find a majestic statue of Shri Parshwanath Ji in the same position in place of the other statue. This temple is mainly a dedication to Shri Adinath ji.
The temple is built on a huge platform void of all designs and motifs. But, it seems there are a lot of attractive things that are worth admiring. The main temple complex has a beautiful mandap and a parikrama hall. Both of these look just too beautiful with all the maintenance.
This temple is mainly popular for its number of idols. These surround the temple that is very precisely built. All the idols depict the beauty of feminism. The temple can be entered after crossing seven gates that have maheen craftwork on them. Various motifs of male, female, Gemini, trees, flowers, Ganga, Yamuna, etc can be seen on the walls here. In the temple there are many idols of female Goddesses playing musical instruments like gandarva, manjeera, shankha, mridanga and vadya. The temple also comprises of idols of Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Khajuraho before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Khajuraho and book an accommodation of your choice.
Parshwanath Temple Information
- Do not miss out on the light and sound show. The voice over has been done by the famous Amitabh Bachhan in his deep voice. This transfers you to the ancient Chandela Era and is very educational also.
- The best time to visit is from October to March and avoid the extreme summers and then the monsoons.
- Photography is freely allowed inside.
- The annual dance shows are held during the last week of February every year.
Parshwanath Temple Tickets Prices
Ticket prices of the light & sound show are-
- Rs. 75 for adults and Rs. 25 for children (Indians)
- Rs. 300 for adults and Rs. 150 for children (Foreigners)
Parshwanath Temple Opening and Closing Hours
Light & Sound show timings are-
- English- 6:00PM
- Hindi- 7:40 PM
How To Get To Parshwanath Temple by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Town Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Mahoba Junction.
Restaurants Near Parshwanath Temple
- Swiss Restaurant
- Spice Garden Restaurant
- Zaffron 1838
- New Punjab
- Safari Restaurant
- Italian Restaurant
- Pramod Restaurant
- Ganesh Restaurant
- Aggarwal Restaurant
- Great Temple Restaurant
Book Parshwanath temple Tickets And Tours
Let's flee to Khajuraho, a religious haven that will send shivers down your spine with its very aphrodisiac appeal. One of the biggest attractions in North India, the city of Khajuraho is rightly termed as a 'Symbol of Medieval Heritage'. The city encases the largest group of medieval Hindu and Jain temples, famous for their erotic sculptures that present distinction in artistry and eminence in architectural style.
Travel worry-free from Khajuraho Airport to your hotel across the Amritsar city. Avoid the hassle of waiting in long taxi lines at the airport and arrive safely to your hotel with our private Car.
Make sure you don't miss your flight by booking private departure transfer from your Khajuraho hotels to the Khajuraho Airport. You will be greeted by English-speaking driver at your hotel and transferred on a private air-conditioned vehicle directly to the airport on time for your flight departure.
Enjoy the services of your local city expert to explore Khajuraho Kamasutra Temples your way on a private 4-hour walking tour. Your personal guide will assist you to plan your day in Khajuraho to suit your interests.
Share your experience - Rate Parshwanath Temple, Khajuraho
Architect, carvings and historical background of this place is very important in INDIAN history.
Very good Indian architect to see in Jain Parshwanath Temple.
one of the best temples of eastern group of temples
ONE OF THE MAJOR ATTRACTIONS OF KHAJURAHO GROUP OF EASTERN TEMPLES OF JAIN RELIGION.
Most beautiful and biggest temple in the Eastern group. Worth to be there!
- Other Attractions
- House Of Virgin Mary
- Ladies Beach
- Kusadasi Bazaar
- The Basilica Of Saint John
- Dilek National Park
- Silver Sands Beach
- Kusadasi Castle
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near House Of Virgin Mary
- 5 Star Hotels Near Ladies Beach
- Budget Hotels Near Adaland
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Kusadasi Bazaar
- Cheap Hotels Near The Basilica Of Saint John
- Cheap Hotels Near Dilek National Park
- Budget Hotels Near Silver Sands Beach
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Kusadasi Castle
- 5 Star Hotels Near Ephesus
- Hotels Near Miletus
- City Tripplans
- Khajuraho Itinerary 2 Days
- Khajuraho Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Khajuraho from Khajuraho
- Khajuraho Itinerary 6 Days
- Khajuraho Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Khajuraho from Khajuraho
- Khajuraho Itinerary 1 Day
- Khajuraho Itinerary 5 Days
- Khajuraho Itinerary 3 Days
- Trip to Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Delhi, Amritsar, Dharamshala, Khajuraho, Varanasi, Alleppey