Embellished between the towering mountains and deep valleys of the Bhor Ghat(valley)in Western Maharashtra is the tiny hill station of Khandala. It is a small town but is verypopular with people from around the area and neighboring cities who come to this place for some peace and tranquility. Khandala does not figure prominently in history books but the area in and around has seen conquests and change in power from the time ofShivaji to the British.
Essential travel information and Khandala tips for your visit
- Carry a rainy-wear if visiting in monsoon.
- The weather gets chilly in the evenings; always pack warm clothing.
- During peak tourist season, the hotel are jam-packed and pre-booking is recommended.
- If hiring a taxi to get around, make sure you negotiate the prices before the journey. The expenses of fuel, toll prices and charges for the driver are sometimes computed separately.
- If hiring a taxi or a car for the entire day, the food expense of the travel is also to be paid by the passenger.
- Guided tours from Mumbai and Pune are available.