Bhaja CavesCurrently Closed
- Address: Baje Caves road, Near Bhaja Village, Maval District, Pune, Maharashtra 412106, Khandala, India
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 100 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Cave, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
About Bhaja Caves, Khandala
Dating back to around 200 BC, these caves are protected by the archaeological survey of India. A 3 kilometre off-road from the main Khandala road will take you to Bhaja caves. Out of the 18 caves, 10 are viharas (Buddhist Monasteries), cave 12 is an open chaitya (Buddhist Temple) which is older than that at Karla caves. There are also 14 stupas inside the smaller cave.
These peaceful caves in the backdrop of lush green forest are a must-visit!
Bhaja Caves Information
- Best visited during early morning, as walking in the afternoon can be exhausting.
Bhaja Caves Ticket Prices
- Locals : INR 5
How To reach Bhaja Caves by Public Transport
- Car, Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Khandala before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Khandala and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bhaja Caves
95% of people who visit Khandala include Bhaja Caves in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
48.82% of people start their Bhaja Caves visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bhaja Caves
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bhaja Caves
Bhaja Caves Map
Bhaja Caves Trips
Bhaja Caves, Khandala Reviews
All QuestionsBhaja caves
- Campeggio Al Pescatore Di Ghesla Fernando In Sigla Campeggio Al Pescatore
- Bufones De Llanes
- Mondini, Alberto
- Azienda Usl Teramo
- Fábrica De Cervezas Ebora
- Cellar Bar
- Trasporti Bianchi Marco
- Stabilimento Balneare Marconi SRL
- Perua Barceló
- Montehermosoko Lorategia
- Bar Fegosi
- San Vicente Eliza
- Mercadillo De Comillas
- Pretori Romá