How to Reach Khandala
The Easiest Way to Reach Khandala
- By Air: The nearest airports are Mumbai and Pune. The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport of Mumbai has frequent flights to and from all the major destinations across the world. Pune’s Lohgaon airport serves flighst to major Indian cities and few international destinations like Dubai and Frankfurt.
- Once reached any of these cities- Pune or Mumbai, there are shuttle buses, taxis and auto-rickshaws that can take you to respective city centres.
Khandala can be then reached by following ways:
- By Bus: There are both government as well as private buses operating from Mumbai and Pune. They are easily available, fast and cheap. The non-ac MSRTC buses are the cheapest. Private tour operators facilitate both AC and Non-AC buses which can be either pre-booked or tickets can be bought on the spot.
- By Train: Khandala has its own railway station and all the trains running between Mumbai and Pune halt at Khandala. The Intercity Express, Koyna Express, Deccan Express, Indrayani Express are top-picks. Train journeys offer excellent views of the Sahyadris and are also the cheapest way to reach Khandala.
- By Car or Taxi: The Pune-Khandala distance is 70 kilometres and the Mumbai-Khandala distance is 93 kilometres. The Mumbai-Pune express highway is the preferred route and the Khandala exit can be taken to enter the town. There is also an old Mumbi-Pune highway but it takes almost twice the time than the express highway.
- By Bus: There are few private tour companies that offer the sightseeing of Khandala by bus. Also, the MSRTC has few sightseeing buses that can take you to the major tourist attractions.
- By Car or Taxi: You can hire a car or a taxi to get around Khandala. The charges for cars with and without drivers are variable. If you hire a taxi with driver for the entire day, the expenses of the driver’s food have to be paid separately.
- On Foot: The town in itself in pretty small and be explored on foot.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Khandala and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Khandala
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Khandala. The most preferred mode of transport in Khandala is Car.
Average distance: 25 km Average time: 42 min
Car 100%Driving 40 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 25 kms 42 min
- How to reach Cities Near Khandala
- How to reach Borivali Bus Station (w)
- How to reach Dharur
- How to reach Satirje
- How to reach Arangaon
- How to reach Dharangaon
- How to reach Avakali
- How to reach Gandevi
- How to reach Shrigonda
- How to reach Saswad
- How to reach Chinchwadgaon
- How to reach Boriwali
- How to reach Bhatan
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Richmond Hill
- How to reach Glendale
- How to reach Sintra
- How to reach Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- How to reach Novi Sad
- How to reach Mira Bhayandar
- How to reach Tychy
- How to reach Burnley
- How to reach Galloway
- How to reach Sultan Bathery