How to Reach Khandala
How to reach Khandala
- By Air: The nearest airports are Mumbai and Pune. The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport of Mumbai has frequent flights to and from all the major destinations across the world. Pune’s Lohgaon airport serves flighst to major Indian cities and few international destinations like Dubai and Frankfurt.
- Once reached any of these cities- Pune or Mumbai, there are shuttle buses, taxis and auto-rickshaws that can take you to respective city centres.
Khandala can be then reached by following ways:
- By Bus: There are both government as well as private buses operating from Mumbai and Pune. They are easily available, fast and cheap. The non-ac MSRTC buses are the cheapest. Private tour operators facilitate both AC and Non-AC buses which can be either pre-booked or tickets can be bought on the spot.
- By Train: Khandala has its own railway station and all the trains running between Mumbai and Pune halt at Khandala. The Intercity Express, Koyna Express, Deccan Express, Indrayani Express are top-picks. Train journeys offer excellent views of the Sahyadris and are also the cheapest way to reach Khandala.
- By Car or Taxi: The Pune-Khandala distance is 70 kilometres and the Mumbai-Khandala distance is 93 kilometres. The Mumbai-Pune express highway is the preferred route and the Khandala exit can be taken to enter the town. There is also an old Mumbi-Pune highway but it takes almost twice the time than the express highway.
- By Bus: There are few private tour companies that offer the sightseeing of Khandala by bus. Also, the MSRTC has few sightseeing buses that can take you to the major tourist attractions.
- By Car or Taxi: You can hire a car or a taxi to get around Khandala. The charges for cars with and without drivers are variable. If you hire a taxi with driver for the entire day, the expenses of the driver’s food have to be paid separately.
- On Foot: The town in itself in pretty small and be explored on foot.
Modes of Transportation in Khandala
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Khandala. The most preferred mode of transport in Khandala is Car.
Average distance: 25 km Average time: 42 min
Car 100%Driving 40 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 25 kms 42 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Almora
- How To Reach Darjeeling
- How To Reach Udaipur
- How To Reach Shivpuri
- How To Reach Kovalam
- How To Reach Ranikhet
- How To Reach Mandu
- How To Reach Allahabad
- How To Reach Thanjavur
- How To Reach Kufri
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Agra
- How To Reach Leh
- How To Reach Mumbai
- How To Reach Delhi
- How To Reach Amritsar
- How To Reach Chennai
- How To Reach Jaipur
- How To Reach Panaji
- How To Reach Varanasi
- How To Reach Mount Abu