Are you looking for what to do in Khandala?
PLACES TO SEE
A few of the must see sights in Khandala are:
- Rajmachi Point : Also called Rock Garden, the Rajmachi Point is a popular tourist spot.The crystal like waterfall and the surrounding view of the Rajmachi Fort and sweepingviews of the mountains and small villages dotting the mountain side are worth viewing.
- Reversing Point: In the vicinity of Rajmachi Point, the Reversing Point gives a clearview of the train line that runs through tunnels along steep mountains on one side, and aview of the Duke’s Nose on the other.
- Duke’s Nose: This mountain side whose shape is similar to the nose of the Duke ofWellington gives amazing views of the entire area and is a very scenic point because ofits surroundings.
- Tiger’s Leap: This point called Tiger’s Leap because the valley gives the impression ofa tiger leaping when seen from here. People are also lured here by the echoes of rocksdropping into the valley giving an amplified effect.
- Karla and Bhaja Caves: These caves are a perfect example of Buddhist art andsculpture. Among the earliest to be cut out from rock and giving the illusion of wooddesign and carving, these caves are calm tranquil areas in deep woods which arefrequented by trekkers and hikers besides pilgrims coming to worship at the Ekvira temple near the Karla Caves.
- The Rajmachi Fort: Is a fort from the Yadav period and has two smaller forts, Shrivardhanand Manoranjan very close to it. It is a difficult climb to this fort. Lohagad Fort builtduring Shivaji’s rule has unique architecture and built strongly to keep out the enemy.The different Scorpion fang like designs on the walls of the fort, are worth seeing. TheTunga Fort surrounded by the Pavana Dam is another fort which has treacherous steepclimbs. This fort was used as a sentry post to watch over the other forts. The lakes in thearea – Tungarli Lake, Pavana Lake, Lonavala Lake and the Pavana Dam, Bhushi Damand the Valvan Dam are scenic places for visitors.
- Adventure Sports: Besides holiday makers and honeymooning couples, Khandala getsadventure lovers who come here for trekking, rock climbing, and hiking through themany mountain trails.
- Kalvalyadham Yoga Centre: Health enthusiasts come to the Kalvalyadham YogaResearch & Treatment Centre to get the benefits of naturopathy and exercise in aluxuriant environment.
- Shopping: The most famous product that Khandala and Lonavala are known for isChikki, which is manufactured here. Tourists can choose from groundnut flavor orcoconut, or dry fruit flavors. This sweet is easily available in packed boxes.
- Clubs and Pubs: There are very few clubs or pubs in Khandala and these are restrictedto the luxury hotels like Dukes Retreat, Fariyas at Lonavala, Mount View Resort, etc thatdot this small hill town.
Below we have a list of things to do in Khandala and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Khandala getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Khandala with confidence.