Visit Kihei - Best of Kihei
Hawaii is known to be exotic and one of the most sought after travel destinations. What makes Hawaii special are the little regions which put together make beautiful Islands of Hawaii. Kihei is one such region in the state of Maui. Extremely scenic, quaint and beautiful, this town is your one stop solution for all water related adventures that have existed on your bucket list ever since you learnt about those activities.
In Kihei, whale watching is like a daily activity and living the bay watch life is not really a dream. You want to go Surfing? Check. Snorkelling? Check. Has a one sided conversation with Turtles? Check. Swim along Rafts? Check. Play with dolphins? Double check. Your kids would go back forgetting all the hydrophobia that you have been trying to get rid of and thank you for the amazing interaction with all these lovely little creatures. If they are still not satisfied, you have places to just paint and paint with them till they are completely happy with their masterpieces.
Like all the other towns in the world, you also have a chance to have your conversations with the Lord in the church but you will be extremely excited about all the fun that the community has here. Also try out the delicacies, the food is lovely here and drinks are something that you should add to enhance your experience in this city.
The best part about Kihei is that it does not demand a week from you, even three days are enough for it if you promise to look around its neighboring districts. For a complete Hawaiian experience, Kapalua, Lahaina, Haleakala National Park, Wailea-Makena should definitely feature on your itinerary! Take a trip to Maui and spend three to four memorable days in Kihei!
Kihei Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Kihei tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone UTC-10:00.
- Currency: The currency followed in Hawaii and Kihei is USD.
- Electricity: Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Power sockets: Type A / B
- Internet: Although there are various internet service providers, the internet here is poor generally according to a lot of tourists.
- Languages: The languages spoken by people in Kihei are quite diverse. These are mainly languages people preferentially speak when they are at home with their families. The most common language spoken in Kihei is English. Other important languages spoken here include Pacific Island languages, Spanish, Tagalog and Chinese.
- Off-beaten Path: You can rent scooters and go around.
- The crime rate in Kihei is not very high.
- It’s still a good idea to be cautious, remember to lock your doors. Do not wear flashy jewellery. Keep your wallet away from the sight or reach pickpockets.
- South Kihei Road is the safest area as it is always busy and bustling with people.
- Maui Police Department- +1 808-244-6400
- American Medical Response- +1 808-871-2153
- Do not travel alone at night.
- Keep your belongings with you specially when you are at a beach. There are instances of stuff being stolen here.
- When asking for directions, no locals will know what "Highway 31" is, they will know it as Pi'ilani Highway. The numbers of highways are seldom posted, and are not known by anyone on island.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Kihei and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Kihei- Know before you go to Kihei
Facts and Stats for Kihei*
Living in Kihei - Quality of Life
Cost of Living Index 95.44 (High)
Health Care Index 100 (Very High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 9.36 (Moderate)
Purchasing Power Index 82.06 (Moderate)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Kihei
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Kihei
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.13 USD
International Movie per seat 11 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 68.54 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 93.33 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 45 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Kihei Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Kihei
Kihei Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Kihei
- Cities Near Kihei
- Wheeler Army Airfield Tourism
- Schofield Barracks Tourism
- Nānākuli Tourism
- Pukalani Tourism
- Nīnole Tourism
- Milolii Tourism
- Pearl Harbor Tourism
- Paauilo Tourism
- Kurtistown Tourism
- Airport Village Tourism
- Halawa Tourism
- Barbers Point Housing Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Budapest Tourism
- Bertauciai Tourism
- Hong Kong Tourism
- Alleppey Tourism
- Southampton Tourism
- Mainz Tourism
- Liverpool Tourism
- Le Mans Tourism
- Genoa Tourism
- Florianopolis Tourism