How to Reach Kihei
- By Air: Maui's main airport, Kahului Airport is the nearest airport to Kihei. It is about 20 kilometres from the Airport to Kihei and it takes roughly around 30 minutes to get to Kihei.
- By Road: From Kahului if you keep following the road to Kihei, then you will come to Highway 31 (Mokulele Highway). Once you are in Kihei, it turns to Highway 31 (Pi'ilani Highway) and is the best way to get to Kihei by road. Apart from this you can drive to Kihei from any district in Maui.
- On Foot: Kihei is a small town spread along a coast. Most of the things to do and visit are situated on the South Kihei Road and if you are staying here, then everything is at a walking distance.
- By Car: If you want to drive most places have access to free parking and its not an issue. The Pi'ilani Highway runs parallel to South Kihei Road and connects with the Mokulele Highway. There are quite a few streets that connect the highway with South Kihei Road, so get your GPS on or your polite asking skills on and you will have a great experience.
- By Scooter/ Bicyle: You can rent scooters or even bicycles and take them around. There are places in the city that would let you drive these two wheelers.