Dunmore Cave897 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Castlecomer Rd, Kilkenny, Ireland
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-567767726
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
A perfect combination of history and geology, the Dunmore Cave is known for its Calcite formations. The caves tours a pleasure to experience. Walk through the sites to learn more about its geology as well as its inhabitants. The famous Vikings massacre took place here in 928 A.D.
The geological history of the cave covers a span of 350 million years!
- Visitor Centre which consists of exhibitions and displays suggesting Viking activity at the cave.
- Guided Tours
Tourists love to visit the Dunmore Caves for its tremendous geology and awe-inspiring Viking stories.
Dunmore Cave Travel Tips
- Take a taxi or rent a car/ bike to reach the cave.
- The cave is inaccessible for wheelchairs.
- Do carry your own refreshments.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dunmore Cave
- Adult: Euro 4.00
- Senior Citizen/Group: Euro 3.00 / person
- Child/Student: Euro 2.00
- Family: Euro 10.00
Dunmore Cave Hours
- The last tour is at 3:00 pm.
- The guided tour lasts for 1 hour.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.48% of people who visit Kilkenny include Dunmore Cave in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.14% of people start their Dunmore Cave visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dunmore Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dunmore Cave