How to Reach Kilkenny - The Easiest Way to Reach Kilkenny
- By Air: Kilkenny does not have a commercial airport and hence there are no direct flights to reach the city. The nearby airports are Dublin Airport and Waterford Airport.
- Dublin Airport is located 117 kilometres from Kilkenny and is the busiest airport in Ireland and located to all the major cities around the world. JJ Kavanagh's operate a direct bus to Kilkenny city from the airport.
- Westford Airport is the closest to Kilkenny and connected via flights to UK and Spain. You can take a 20 minute taxi ride to reach Westford City. It’s a further 40 minutes ride to reach Kilkenny. Car rentals are available to reach Kilkenny directly (45 minutes ride).
- By Train: The Kilkenny Railway Station (MacDonagh Station) located on St.Johns Street is on the Dublin - Waterford line, which also serves Athy, Carlow, Bagenalstown and Thomastown. There are 7 trains a day (Monday to Saturday) and 4 on Sunday to and from the City’s Station.Wheelchair facilities and free taxis are easily available.
- By Bus: The Kilkenny Bus Station is located near the Kilkenny Railway Station and is one of two stops for the national bus company- Bus Eireann. The train station is a ten minute walk from the Parade- located at the heart of the city.
- By Car: You can hire a car for inter-city travel if you have international driver’s license and insurance document. If you are driving from a nearby city to reach Kilkenny, the National Highways have a good network throughout Ireland. You can use your GPS systems to reach the city easily.
- By Foot: Kilkenny is a small city and can be covered by foot. All the attractions are located close by and the walks in between are rather enjoyable and pleasing. The pathways themselves add an intrinsic charm to the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily available in the city. The taxis run on meter. There are many taxi ranks around Kilkenny, one of the major ranks being behind Dunnes Store on the banks of the River Nore.
- By Bicycle: One of the most preferred way to explore the city, bicycles are available on rent at many shops. The city has many cycling paths on all its major roads with innumerable Bike-Poles to chain your bike during your stops. Bike rides are preferred for exploring the outskirts as well.
Are you looking for a Kilkenny travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Ask question in category
Simply click on Ask a Question to add question
How to Reach Kilkenny from Nearby Cities
|Athy to Kilkenny||47.1 km||47 mins|
|Kildare to Kilkenny||67.01 km||1 hour 7 mins|
|Cashel to Kilkenny||73.16 km||1 hour 13 mins|
|Tullamore to Kilkenny||73.81 km||1 hour 13 mins|
|Dublin to Kilkenny||133.7 km||2 hours 13 mins|
|Bray to Kilkenny||139.73 km||2 hours 19 mins|
|Dublin airport to Kilkenny||140.58 km||2 hours 20 mins|
|Limerick to Kilkenny||153.12 km||2 hours 33 mins|
|Cork to Kilkenny||161.18 km||2 hours 41 mins|