Jerpoint Abbey, Kilkenny
Jerpoint Abbey, Kilkenny - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5.6K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Jerpoint Abbey, Kilkenny
Jerpoint abbey was founded in the late 12th century. Constructed in 1180 by DonoghO'Donoghoe Mac GillaPatraic, the King of Osraige, the abbey was dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Stone carvings including the tomb of Felix O'Dulany, Bishop of the Diocese of Ossory.
- Visitor’s Centre
- Guided Tours of the abbey
- Saint Nicholas’s grave placed at the ruins of a church in Newtown Jerpoint.
Visitors love the abbey’s English architecture while the ruins give the place an eccentric charm.
Jerpoint Abbey Information
- Carry snacks with you since there are no eateries around.
- Do visit the nearby Jerpoint Park
- Do try to rent a bicycle/ bike to reach the abbey. Taxis are preferred too.
Jerpoint Abbey Ticket Prices
- Adult: Euro 4.00
- Sen/Group: Euro 3.00
- Child/Student: Euro 2.00
- Family: Euro 10.00
Jerpoint Abbey Opening and Closing Hours
- Dec to March: Pre-booked tours only.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jerpoint Abbey Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Kilkenny