Jerpoint AbbeyCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-567724623
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Jerpoint abbey was founded in the late 12th century. Constructed in 1180 by DonoghO'Donoghoe Mac GillaPatraic, the King of Osraige, the abbey was dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Stone carvings including the tomb of Felix O'Dulany, Bishop of the Diocese of Ossory.
- Visitor’s Centre
- Guided Tours of the abbey
- Saint Nicholas’s grave placed at the ruins of a church in Newtown Jerpoint.
Visitors love the abbey’s English architecture while the ruins give the place an eccentric charm.
- Carry snacks with you since there are no eateries around.
- Do visit the nearby Jerpoint Park
- Do try to rent a bicycle/ bike to reach the abbey. Taxis are preferred too.
- Adult: Euro 4.00
- Sen/Group: Euro 3.00
- Child/Student: Euro 2.00
- Family: Euro 10.00
- Dec to March: Pre-booked tours only.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.4% of people who visit Kilkenny include Jerpoint Abbey in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.34% of people start their Jerpoint Abbey visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jerpoint Abbey
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jerpoint Abbey