Kilkenny CastleCurrently Closed
- Address: The Parade, Kilkenny, Ireland
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +353-567704100
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Kilkenny Castle - Review
Built in 1146 by William Marshal, the Kilkenny Castle is one of star attractions of the city. The medieval fort has since been converted into the present day visitor’s centre. The lush green gardens that surround the Kilkenny Castle add to its old-charm.
- Tour of the castle: Includes the Castle Gateway, Medieval Room, Courtyard, Undercroft of the West Tower, Dining Room and the Terrace Corridor.
- Taking a walk in the magnificent gardens.
- Two lead statues which stand on pedestals near the castle- one is of Hermes after the original in the Vatican Collection and the other is of ‘Diana- the Huntress’.
A visit here is sure to take you back in history.
Kilkenny Castle Information
- The castle is charged for admission but the grounds are free.
- Do visit the nearby Kilkenny Design Centre.
Kilkenny Castle Ticket Prices
- Adult- €7.00
- Senior (60+) -€5.00
- Child (6-18)/Student- €3.00
- Family- €17.00
- Group (20+ Adults/Seniors) - €5.00
How To reach Kilkenny Castle by Public Transport
- Train: MacDonagh Station
Restaurants Near Kilkenny Castle
- The castle has an in-house Tearoom
- Kilkenny Design Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kilkenny Castle
95% of people who visit Kilkenny include Kilkenny Castle in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
66.67% of people start their Kilkenny Castle visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kilkenny Castle
52.45% of people prefer walking in order to reach Kilkenny Castle
Kilkenny Castle Trips
2 Views12 Days 11 Nights12 Day Trip to Dublin, Cork, Kilkenny, Galway from LinkopingBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Dublin, Galway, Cork, Kilkenny
3 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Dublin, Cork, Kilkenny, Dingle, Galway from Los AngelesBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Dublin, Galway, Cork, Dingle, Kilkenny
Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny Reviews
All QuestionsKilkenny castle
Are pet dog's aloud in the grounds thank youAnswer Report Abuse
Kilkenny Castle does have a dog-friendly park.Report Abuse