Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny
About Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny
Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: The Parade, Kilkenny, Ireland
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 15K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in 1146 by William Marshal, the Kilkenny Castle is one of star attractions of the city. The medieval fort has since been converted into the present day visitor’s centre. The lush green gardens that surround the Kilkenny Castle add to its old-charm.
- Tour of the castle: Includes the Castle Gateway, Medieval Room, Courtyard, Undercroft of the West Tower, Dining Room and the Terrace Corridor.
- Taking a walk in the magnificent gardens.
- Two lead statues which stand on pedestals near the castle- one is of Hermes after the original in the Vatican Collection and the other is of ‘Diana- the Huntress’.
A visit here is sure to take you back in history.
Kilkenny Castle Information
- The castle is charged for admission but the grounds are free.
- Do visit the nearby Kilkenny Design Centre.
Kilkenny Castle Ticket Prices
- Adult- €7.00
- Senior (60+) -€5.00
- Child (6-18)/Student- €3.00
- Family- €17.00
- Group (20+ Adults/Seniors) - €5.00
How To reach Kilkenny Castle by Public Transport
- Train: MacDonagh Station
Restaurants Near Kilkenny Castle
- The castle has an in-house Tearoom
- Kilkenny Design Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Smithwick's Experience Kilkenny
- O'briens Kilkenny
- O'malley's Bed & Breakfast
- Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
- Kilfane Glen And Waterfall
- Coach Road
- Bungalow Farmhouse B&b Guesthouse Co.kilkenny
- Berkeley House
- Kilkenny Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kilkenny
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kilkenny
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kilkenny
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kilkenny
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kilkenny
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kilkenny