Maudlin TowerCurrently Open
- Address: Maudlin Street, Kilkenny, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Walking Area, Monument, Family And Kids, Tower
The Maudlin Tower was built in the 1200s and is known to have been the first leper’s hospital in Kilkenny and its neighbouring counties. Often seen in close relation to Mary Magdalin, the county was the first one of its kind to start healthcare for lepers.
Today the monument stands 4 stories tall on the Maudlin Street and is one of those places that add a little bit of rustic charm to the otherwise buzzing street.
Be sure to visit the place during your walks around the city.
Maudlin Tower Travel Tips
- Do explore the Maudlin Street as the place is buzzing with small shops and boutiques.
How to Reach Maudlin Tower
- Bus: Busses are available at Market Yard.
- Train: Macdonagh Station
- Eddie Rockets City Diner
- Algarve Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.39% of people who visit Kilkenny include Maudlin Tower in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
81.25% of people start their Maudlin Tower visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Maudlin Tower
75.95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Maudlin Tower