Rothe House, Kilkenny
About Rothe House, Kilkenny
Rothe House, Kilkenny - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Parliament Street, Kilkenny, Ireland
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 7.2K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Rothe House is a 17th century Merchant Townhouse complex which now accommodates a museum and a library. The merchants at that time had a powerful position in society and were included in its political decisions. The location itself consists of 3 houses with adjoining gardens, courtyards and terraces which depict its rich ancestral past.
- The Museum which includes the Phelan room, Lanigan room and the Third House.
- Library with documents dating back to 17th century.
- Genealogy Service: If you are of Irish descent, you can trace your family by using this service.
Tourists love the history behind Rothe House while the ambience adds to the charm of the years gone by.
Rothe House Information
- Do visit the Rothe House Gardens.
- A visit to the library is sure to take you in time. You can find documents and papers dating back to the 17th century.
Rothe House Ticket Prices
- Adult- Euro 5
- Child- Euro 3
- Library Services are available on prior appointment for Euro 5 per session.
How To reach Rothe House by Public Transport
- Bus: Bus stop near Market Yard.
Restaurants Near Rothe House
- Royal Spice
- Kyteler's Inn
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rothe House, Kilkenny Reviews - Write a Review
You can tell it is run by small nonprofit. Displays are almost an afterthought. House is intersting. Be aware some stairs are barrow and steep. Also the ground is uneven, if you have mobility problems think twice about the tour. The gardens are the highlight of our visit
The last house of it's kind left in Ireland. Owned by a silk merchant and bullt in 1594. Lived there until the 1650's when they were dispossessed of all property and banished to the west of Ireland, following the siege of Kilkenny, led by Oliver Cromwell.
A house museum to understand the ancient times and the way of living of rich people. The garden is a hidden place... really amazing and well restored.
Great place to visit in Kilkenny. Very historical, restored house and grounds. Beautiful gardens where there is an orchard and also herb and vegetable garden.
A beautiful garden in the middle of the city. A gem . Somewhere to relax and unwind . The garden and the house is beautiful . The history of the place is amazing .
- Nearby Attractions
- Salthill Hotel
- Kilkenny Tourist Hostel
- Hotel Kilkenny
- Rosquil House B&b
- Kilkenny Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kilkenny
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kilkenny
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kilkenny
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kilkenny
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kilkenny
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kilkenny