Rothe House877 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Parliament Street, Kilkenny, Ireland
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-567722893
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
The Rothe House is a 17th century Merchant Townhouse complex which now accommodates a museum and a library. The merchants at that time had a powerful position in society and were included in its political decisions. The location itself consists of 3 houses with adjoining gardens, courtyards and terraces which depict its rich ancestral past.
- The Museum which includes the Phelan room, Lanigan room and the Third House.
- Library with documents dating back to 17th century.
- Genealogy Service: If you are of Irish descent, you can trace your family by using this service.
Tourists love the history behind Rothe House while the ambience adds to the charm of the years gone by.
Rothe House Travel Tips
- Do visit the Rothe House Gardens.
- A visit to the library is sure to take you in time. You can find documents and papers dating back to the 17th century.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rothe House
- Adult- Euro 5
- Child- Euro 3
- Library Services are available on prior appointment for Euro 5 per session.
How to Reach Rothe House
- Bus: Bus stop near Market Yard.
- Royal Spice
- Kyteler's Inn
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.58% of people who visit Kilkenny include Rothe House in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
44.64% of people start their Rothe House visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Rothe House
55.35% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rothe House