Rothe HouseCurrently Closed
- Address: Parliament Street, Kilkenny, Ireland
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-567722893
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
The Rothe House is a 17th century Merchant Townhouse complex which now accommodates a museum and a library. The merchants at that time had a powerful position in society and were included in its political decisions. The location itself consists of 3 houses with adjoining gardens, courtyards and terraces which depict its rich ancestral past.
- The Museum which includes the Phelan room, Lanigan room and the Third House.
- Library with documents dating back to 17th century.
- Genealogy Service: If you are of Irish descent, you can trace your family by using this service.
Tourists love the history behind Rothe House while the ambience adds to the charm of the years gone by.
- Do visit the Rothe House Gardens.
- A visit to the library is sure to take you in time. You can find documents and papers dating back to the 17th century.
- Adult- Euro 5
- Child- Euro 3
- Library Services are available on prior appointment for Euro 5 per session.
- Bus: Bus stop near Market Yard.
- Royal Spice
- Kyteler's Inn
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
78.65% of people who visit Kilkenny include Rothe House in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
44.64% of people start their Rothe House visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Rothe House
55.35% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rothe House
We did the guided tour. Our guide kept us entertained during her talks. I advise to do the guided tour or otherwise you will be finished too quick in comparison to the entry fee you pay and the time you can spend there. It's a good play to get to know more of the Irish history and the town Killkenny.
This was a wonderful experience for me. It brought history alive. Its amazing to think that somehow I had family who lived and survived over the ages. I found the staff welcoming and helpful. The garden is a relaxing and beautiful experience. We'll worth a visit.
Very interesting and well worth a visit. We could really envisage the family living there many years ago and garden was so peaceful.
Lovely experience garden well worth the trip well kept only negative would be information was given on a plain white sheet of paper and it was not all wheelchair accessible
Exquisite. The atmosphere of the place and the building is enchhanting truly lovely