St. Canice CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: The Close Coach Road, Kilkenny,Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-567764971
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
St. Canice Cathedral - Review
The St.Canice Cathedral is a place of worship since the 6the century. The Cathedral is named after St Canice- an Irish Abbot and a prominent missionary.
Some of the highlights include:
- The Cathedral which still functions to this day and is popular for its aesthetical acoustics- making it a place for many music concerts.
- The Close that consists of the Round Tower, the graveyard, the organist’s cottage and the library.
The church is well maintained and is sure to transport you back in time. Tourists and locals love to explore the cathedral grounds which offer an experience that is ethereal, intimate and spiritual.
St. Canice Cathedral Information
- The Church tour is highly recommended.
St. Canice Cathedral Ticket Prices
Entrance Rates 2015
- Adults - Euro 4.00, Concession- Euro 3.00
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 3.00
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 3.50
- Family Ticket - Euro 12.00
- Adults - Euro 3.00, Concession - Euro 3.00
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 2.50
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 2.50
- Family Ticket - Euro 12.00
Cathedral and Round Tower
- Adults - Euro 6.00, Concession - Euro 5.50
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 5.50
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 6.00
- Family Ticket - Euro 15.00
Restaurants Near St. Canice Cathedral
- Royal Spice
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St. Canice Cathedral
81.44% of people who visit Kilkenny include St. Canice Cathedral in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
42.52% of people start their St. Canice Cathedral visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. Canice Cathedral
84.15% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Canice Cathedral
St. Canice Cathedral Trips
2 Views12 Days 11 Nights12 Day Trip to Dublin, Cork, Kilkenny, Galway from LinkopingBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Dublin, Galway, Cork, Kilkenny
3 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Dublin, Cork, Kilkenny, Dingle, Galway from Los AngelesBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Dublin, Galway, Cork, Dingle, Kilkenny
St. Canice Cathedral, Kilkenny Reviews
Went to a concert tonight in St Canice's Cathedral. It was amazing. The setting, acoustics, lighting, sound, just superb. Wonderful venue.
Wonderful Cathedral! The climb up the ancient round tower is challenging but worth every step! The view from the top is beautiful!
Older than Kilkenny Castle! Gorgeous interior and exterior, with a tower to climb and observe the area. Worth the climb, though narrow so be ready for close quarters.
Great place to visit. Well worth climbing the tower but it is quite steep up stepladders so best to avoid if you are afraid of heights or are quite rotund.
Fascinating 9th century building. Don't miss climbing the round tower. You can see all of Kilkenny from there. Climbing the tower wouldn't work for: you young children, obese people, very tall people, disabled, claustrophobic.