St. Canice Cathedral, Kilkenny
About St. Canice Cathedral, Kilkenny
St. Canice Cathedral, Kilkenny - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: The Close Coach Road, Kilkenny,Ireland
Ticket Price: 6 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 8.2K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The St.Canice Cathedral is a place of worship since the 6the century. The Cathedral is named after St Canice- an Irish Abbot and a prominent missionary.
Some of the highlights include:
- The Cathedral which still functions to this day and is popular for its aesthetical acoustics- making it a place for many music concerts.
- The Close that consists of the Round Tower, the graveyard, the organist’s cottage and the library.
The church is well maintained and is sure to transport you back in time. Tourists and locals love to explore the cathedral grounds which offer an experience that is ethereal, intimate and spiritual.
St. Canice Cathedral Information
- The Church tour is highly recommended.
St. Canice Cathedral Ticket Prices
Entrance Rates 2015
- Adults - Euro 4.00, Concession- Euro 3.00
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 3.00
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 3.50
- Family Ticket - Euro 12.00
- Adults - Euro 3.00, Concession - Euro 3.00
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 2.50
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 2.50
- Family Ticket - Euro 12.00
Cathedral and Round Tower
- Adults - Euro 6.00, Concession - Euro 5.50
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 5.50
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 6.00
- Family Ticket - Euro 15.00
Restaurants Near St. Canice Cathedral
- Royal Spice
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
St. Canice Cathedral, Kilkenny Reviews - Write a Review
Climbing the tower was an experience. Not to many of these round towers in Ireland allow you to climb (might be just 2). They keep the number of people climbing it at a time pretty limited which is great. Awesome views of the city.
Beautiful cathedral. Interesting to see all of the history. Self-guided tour with a handout to observe the history on your own time. Definitely go up the Round Tower. It is very cool to walk up.
Interesting cathedral and quite impressive as well. Quite a solid unadorned style, but many stories and associated lore. The climb up the tower is challenging, but the view is spectacular.
Beautiful cathedral, definitely worth a visit when in Kilkenny. There are guides with interesting information in many languages, so it's easy to go round the cathedral and learn something about its history. Staff is also very helpful!
Amazing view of the city from the Tower! About 15 min from Kilkenny Castle, through Medieval Mile, and past the original city walls.
- Nearby Attractions
- Bungalow Farmhouse B&b Guesthouse Co.kilkenny
- Berkeley House
- Pembroke Kilkenny Hotel
- Kilkenny Farmers Market
- Portmagee - Skellig Michael
- The Parade
- Great Skellig
- Churchview B&b Guest Accommodation Kilkenny
- Kilkenny Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kilkenny
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kilkenny
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kilkenny
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kilkenny
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kilkenny
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kilkenny