St. Canice CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: The Close Coach Road, Kilkenny,Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-567764971
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
St. Canice Cathedral - Review
The St.Canice Cathedral is a place of worship since the 6the century. The Cathedral is named after St Canice- an Irish Abbot and a prominent missionary.
Some of the highlights include:
- The Cathedral which still functions to this day and is popular for its aesthetical acoustics- making it a place for many music concerts.
- The Close that consists of the Round Tower, the graveyard, the organist’s cottage and the library.
The church is well maintained and is sure to transport you back in time. Tourists and locals love to explore the cathedral grounds which offer an experience that is ethereal, intimate and spiritual.
St. Canice Cathedral Information
- The Church tour is highly recommended.
St. Canice Cathedral Ticket Prices
Entrance Rates 2015
- Adults - Euro 4.00, Concession- Euro 3.00
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 3.00
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 3.50
- Family Ticket - Euro 12.00
- Adults - Euro 3.00, Concession - Euro 3.00
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 2.50
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 2.50
- Family Ticket - Euro 12.00
Cathedral and Round Tower
- Adults - Euro 6.00, Concession - Euro 5.50
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 5.50
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 6.00
- Family Ticket - Euro 15.00
Restaurants Near St. Canice Cathedral
- Royal Spice
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St. Canice Cathedral
95% of people who visit Kilkenny include St. Canice Cathedral in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
35.21% of people start their St. Canice Cathedral visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. Canice Cathedral
73.2% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Canice Cathedral
St. Canice Cathedral Map
St. Canice Cathedral Trips
St. Canice Cathedral, Kilkenny Reviews
The guides are very knowledgeable. There was plenty of information to read so that you knew what you were looking at. The view from the tower was breathtaking.
Great example of the mediaeval architecture found in Kilkenny. Round Tower a must-see for tourists (who aren't scared of heights)! The cathedral itself is well worth a visit and regularly hosts live music, particularly church/choral music.
We did a self tour with a map. There is so much to see and learn. The round tour has updated wooden stairs like climbing a ladder. Every 20 steps to a landing and turn.
Bit of a let down. Never had to pay to get into a Cathedral before. The printed tour guide was a bit sparse & uninteresting. With a little bit more imagination, the potential is there for a really interesting tour. Perhaps individual audio device like they do in Cork Gaol? At present I would say, pop in if you've nothing else to do but I wouldn't go out of my way.
A fantastic experience,very well organised and if you are up to it climb to the top of the round tower for fantastic views of Kilkenny city.