St. Canice Cathedral, KilkennyCurrently Open
- Address: The Close Coach Road, Kilkenny,Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-567764971
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
About St. Canice Cathedral, Kilkenny
The St.Canice Cathedral is a place of worship since the 6the century. The Cathedral is named after St Canice- an Irish Abbot and a prominent missionary.
Some of the highlights include:
- The Cathedral which still functions to this day and is popular for its aesthetical acoustics- making it a place for many music concerts.
- The Close that consists of the Round Tower, the graveyard, the organist’s cottage and the library.
The church is well maintained and is sure to transport you back in time. Tourists and locals love to explore the cathedral grounds which offer an experience that is ethereal, intimate and spiritual.
St. Canice Cathedral Information
- The Church tour is highly recommended.
St. Canice Cathedral Ticket Prices
Entrance Rates 2015
- Adults - Euro 4.00, Concession- Euro 3.00
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 3.00
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 3.50
- Family Ticket - Euro 12.00
- Adults - Euro 3.00, Concession - Euro 3.00
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 2.50
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 2.50
- Family Ticket - Euro 12.00
Cathedral and Round Tower
- Adults - Euro 6.00, Concession - Euro 5.50
- Groups - (10+PAX) - Euro 5.50
- Groups (10+PAX) with a Cathedral Guide - Euro 6.00
- Family Ticket - Euro 15.00
Restaurants Near St. Canice Cathedral
- Royal Spice
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
St. Canice Cathedral, Kilkenny Reviews
Very nice staff, old church with tower and cementry. You can book a visit for the church or the tower or combine both. In the church you will get a written guide (which is available in different languages) where you follow numbers that are laid out in the church. The explanations are good and give you interesting facts about the history of the church and the city. When you climb the tower you will be rewarded with a great view of the whole city.
Great example of the mediaeval architecture found in Kilkenny. Round Tower a must-see for tourists (who aren't scared of heights)!
Climbing the tower was an experience. Not to many of these round towers in Ireland allow you to climb (might be just 2). They keep the number of people climbing it at a time pretty limited which is great. Awesome views of the city.
Beautiful cathedral. Interesting to see all of the history. Self-guided tour with a handout to observe the history on your own time. Definitely go up the Round Tower. It is very cool to walk up.
Fanatstic Place but the label is incorrect this is not a Catholic Cathedral, it is Kilkennys Church of Ireland( Protestant) Cathedral